Delta Lancia Badging

Nello

Question

I bought my Delta as a Fiat group enthusiast and have bought a replacement Lancia front Grill along with rear badge. The alloy centres and other badging will follow!

Replaced the rear easily enough - heat up the badge with a hair dryer then slide some string along to break up the adhesive. Roll off the excess with you thumb then remove anything left with sticky stuff remover. I just need to work out how to remove the front grill. There are 6 T30 Torx Star head screws along the top edge.

I think there is a fixing inside each front wheel arch to remove then a series of screws underneath the front edge under the car and the whole bumper should hopefully come off. Will confirm once I've done mine! The Grill itself is then held on to the bumper panel by 10 clips on the grill back that push on.

Edited by Nello

Not done yet Ben but I've found how to do it from the Polish Lancia Club (with assistance from Google Translate!) Not as simple as it looks as the whole front bumper has to come off. Series of screws inside both wheel arches and under the nose. Will be attempting at weekend so will post results!

Edited by Nello

OK finally changed my front grill! Buongiorno Lancia! Apologies as this is the Chrysler forum but the Delta is a full on Lancia so had to be done.

Will post photo asap - I did not do a photo How-to Ben I'm afraid but to change the grill:

1. Loosen the x6 T30 Torx screws along the top of the Chrysler grill - 4 on the grill itself and two either side on the bumper.

2. Under car and unscrew the x3 T30 bolts that secure the front bumper to the engine cover/undertray. You will also need to unscrew where it fits to the two splash guards each side of the undertray though I then discovered that one side of mine is missing! To be ordered...........

3. Inside both front arches - x4 T30 screws fixing the wheel arch to the front bumper assembly then the top T30 which screws into a white welded bolt at the front bumper edge to wheel arch.

4. The whole front bumper assembly should now be free - careful as its fairly weighty so make sure you have some covers out in case it slips forward - you don't want to scratch it. You will find that the area where the front bumper meets the wheel arches is push-fitted into and needs a guiding hand behind to dislodge.

5. Disconnect the two connectors from each front fog light.

6. Once done lift up slightly over the top of the font edge and the whole bumper assembly should be free. 

You now need to remove the Chrysler grill. They are secured by series of metal clips that push fit on to the plastic pegs that protrude from the grill.

You WILL break the pegs when removing - slide a screwdriver behind and push out. You can then reform the clips to ensure they fit back over your new grill.

Re-fitting it the reverse of the above. The most awkward part of the whole job was getting the bumper back in position. There is a foam formed piece that sits in front of the Rad behind the bumper. This is only secured by tape so make sure its sitting back in its correct position. Use the access hole for the towing hitch to make sure its in the correct way - only one hole on the one side so you know its in the right way around.

I found it useful to sit under the front centre and lift the bumper back in - up and over then secure under the car. Screw back in the x6 Torx on the Grill top first to hold it in position then fix back up the rest. Make sure the bumper ends at the arches slot it correctly as its quite a tight fit but you will find once its in the right position the rest should line up ok.

Behold - Forza Lancia!  

I know this is supposed to be the Chrysler forum but I achieved more success on the Lancia badge conversion on my Delta which I had to share.

The wheel centres were another big must-do as they are so visible . I sourced the part number off eper and was going to approach my nearest Fiat dealer  to see if they would supply ( in theory ok as its all Fiat group off eper.) The centres were about £18 each and I was just about to order when I noticed these on ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111365289483?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

£5.50 for a set of four. I was not sure if they would fit very well as the Deltas centre caps have the Chrysler wing in the middle meaning they do not have a flat smooth surface to apply - but for a few quid I thought it would be worth a shot. And indeed it was! For all Deltas and Ypsilon owners (same types found on each) removing the centre cap you can see that the Chrysler wing is in fact a separate plastic badge itself which is clipped on to the back of each centre. Unclip and the wheel centre is flat enough to apply these perfectly! OK you can still see the wing ends indented slightly either side of the fitted badges but only the serious Lancistti would notice! Bargain job for the money - photos to follow.... 

Edited by Nello

I'm pretty sure the badge is bolted in to the Grill as its available as a seperate item on Fiats eper parts system. That said you would need to remove the grill in any case to replace as its impossible to get to the back without taking the whole thing off.

They are merely stuck-on Lucky - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brand-New-Genuine-Lancia-door-pillar-badge-25x25mm-badge-51826289-/370907547373?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item565bd006

Hair dryer to heat up your old one if they are faded then use some string behind to lift off without doing any damage.

Edited by Nello

Of course its legal - Its just a badge! The Police ANPR and DVLA system only goes off your reg. not what your badge is. Its only the same as any kit car / replica etc. My insurance were fine. You wouldn't get nicked if you put a Ferrari badge on a Mini .... only by the fashion-police!

Some might argue its the Chrysler badge thats incorrectly added................................................(no offence Chrysler forumers!)

Edited by Nello

Hi Otter and welcome. Delta is still being manufacturered but Chrysler (Fiat/Lancia) have pulled them from the UK market to concentrate on Ypsilon and 300C. I sourced the Grille from ebay in Italy. You may need to haggle with the sellers and arrange postage as all the ones I found were Italy sales only. 

I'm sort of undecided on this, it looks perfect to me, however if it wasn't for the Chrysler part i wouldn't have the chance to buy a Lancia. With that in mind i might not get mine converted.However, it is a Lancia and it looks simply perfect, like Lancia cars often do.... B) 

:unsure: 

:wacko: 

:blink:

Edited by schteveo

Hi Otter and welcome. Delta is still being manufacturered but Chrysler (Fiat/Lancia) have pulled them from the UK market to concentrate on Ypsilon and 300C. I sourced the Grille from ebay in Italy. You may need to haggle with the sellers and arrange postage as all the ones I found were Italy sales only.

Not sure but I suspect both bravo and delta production probably ceased before the Italian summer break , anyone know for sure?

Bravo Production at the Cassino assembly plant ceased in July apparently Rosso........... but thats still being manufactured in Brazil. 

However Delta is ending shortly leaving only the Giulietta at Cassino as they are readying the new Giulia - the 159 replacement...

Lancia are only going to concentrate on the Ypsilon for Benelux and the Chrysler'ed Lancias (300c-Thema / Chrysler 200-Flavia).......... :angry: I have to say in FIAT's defence though - they have done a good job improving the 300c/Thema.

Edited by Nello

Yes the Flavia is probably ended/ending now as well with the revamped 200....... Badge engineering is not unique to the Fiat group. Like everything these days - its all about cost! The original Thema was a shared Fiat/Alfa/Saab venture.............

There's a difference between platform sharing and slapping an inappropriate badge on!