We are The Chrysler Forum ("we", "our", "us"). We’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. If you have questions about your personal information please contact us at privacy [at]chryslerforum.co.uk.
What information we hold about you
The type of data that we collect and process includes:
- Your name or username.
- Your email address.
- Your IP address.
Further data may be collected if you choose to share it, such as if you fill out fields on your profile.
We collect some or all of this information in the following cases:
- You register as a member on this site.
- You fill out our contact form.
- You fill out fields on your profile.
How your personal information is used
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- For the purposes of making you a registered member of our site, in order for you to contribute content to this site.
- We may use your email address to inform you of activity on our site.
- Your IP address is recorded when you perform certain actions on our site. Your IP address is never publicly visible.
Other ways we may use your personal information.
In addition to notifying you of activity on our site which may be relevant to you, from time to time we may wish to communicate with all members any important information such as newsletters or announcements by email. You can opt-in to or opt-out of such emails in your profile.
We may collect non-personally identifiable information about you in the course of your interaction with our site. This information may include technical information about the browser or type of device you're using. This information will be used purely for the purposes of analytics and tracking the number of visitors to our site.
Keeping your data secure
We are committed to ensuring that any information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable measures and procedures to safeguard and secure the information that we collect.
Cookies are small text files stored on your computer by your web browser at the request of a site you're viewing. This allows the site you're viewing to remember things about you, such as your preferences and history or to keep you logged in.
Cookies may be stored on your computer for a short time (such as only while your browser is open) or for an extended period of time, even years. Cookies not set by this site will not be accessible to us.
Our Cookie Usage
- Registration and maintaining your preferences. This includes ensuring that you can stay logged in and keeping the site in the language or appearance that you requested.
- Advertising cookies (possibly third-party). If this site displays advertising, cookies may be set by the advertisers to determine who has viewed an ad or similar things. These cookies may be set by third parties, in which case this site has no ability to read or write these cookies.
- Other third-party cookies for things like Facebook or Twitter sharing. These cookies will generally be set by the third-party independently, so this site will have no ability to access them.
Cookies Set by Other Parties
Additional cookies may be set during the use of the site to remember information as certain actions are being performed, or remembering certain preferences.
Other cookies may be set by third party service providers which may provide information such as tracking anonymously which users are visiting the site, or set by content embedded into some pages, such as YouTube or other media service providers.
Managing your cookies and cookie preferences must be done from within your browser's options/preferences. Here is a list of guides on how to do this for popular browser software:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Edge
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- Safari for macOS
- Safari for iOS
More Information About Cookies
To learn more about cookies, and find more information about blocking certain types of cookies, please visit the ICO website Cookies page.
This website does not store any information that would, on its own, allow us to identify individual users of this service without their permission. Any cookies that may be used by this website are used either solely on a per session basis or to maintain user preferences. Cookies are not shared with any third parties.
You have a right to access the personal data we hold about you or obtain a copy of it. To do so please contact us. If you believe that the information we hold for you is incomplete or inaccurate, you may contact us to ask us to complete or correct that information.
You also have the right to request the erasure of your personal data. Please contact us if you would like us to remove your personal data.
Additional Rights of EEA (European Economic Area) Residents
If you are a resident of a country in the EEA, you have the rights, among others, to:
- access your personal data
- ensure the accuracy of your personal data
- the right to have us delete your personal data
- the right to restrict further processing of your personal data, and
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority in your country of residence in the event that data is misused
If you believe that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state of your residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement.
Sale of Business or Assets
In the event that the Site or substantially all of its assets is sold or disposed of as a going concern, whether by merger, sale of assets or otherwise, or in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership, the information we have collected about you may be one of the assets sold or merged in connection with that transaction.
Acceptance of this policy
Changes to this policy
We may make changes to this policy at any time. You may be asked to review and re-accept the information in this policy if it changes in the future.