Delta Lancia Badging

Nello

Question

I bought my Delta as a Fiat group enthusiast and have bought a replacement Lancia front Grill along with rear badge. The alloy centres and other badging will follow!

Replaced the rear easily enough - heat up the badge with a hair dryer then slide some string along to break up the adhesive. Roll off the excess with you thumb then remove anything left with sticky stuff remover. I just need to work out how to remove the front grill. There are 6 T30 Torx Star head screws along the top edge.

I think there is a fixing inside each front wheel arch to remove then a series of screws underneath the front edge under the car and the whole bumper should hopefully come off. Will confirm once I've done mine! The Grill itself is then held on to the bumper panel by 10 clips on the grill back that push on.

Edited by Nello

201 answers to this question

The roof on Deltas is normally matt except on executive version (limited in Chrysler speak) which is gloss, I'm not sure if the matt version is actually black or a dark grey no doubt Neil will confirm. I do think that it looks better with the two Tone effect even mine which is dark grey with black looks better even though the black roof isn't very obvious. Edited by Rossocorsa

Nice one Otter. Yes I also have an LE Coupe. Great cars............

The wheel 'centres' were supposed to be temporary as I couldn't find any OE ones for my wheels. I used these - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-4pcs-Decal-Alu-Stickers-for-Wheel-Centre-Cap-Hubs-for-LANCIA-60mm-/262902726493?hash=item3d36393f5d:g:kSAAAOSw5cNYHeh5

The Chrysler wings just unclip off the backs and those look fine to me. The black goes with my car. First set lasted a couple of years - no problems with them coming away either.

Though if anyone spots any proper ones let me know!

The Martini stripes were made up by a Sticker supplier - he was on ebay but not anymore for some reason. I just told him what I wanted and he made them up. I think the image is on this thread but will re-add if needed.

The duo-paint cars are Matt black roofed. I can get you the code as I have x2 paint stickers under my bonnet.

Hello all, well. I picked up the car today and very pleased I am with it too. Any help to sort all the badging would be very welcome. As far as I can tell I need a 'waterfall" grill, engine cover, rear boot badge, airbag cover, wheel centres, front door step plates for the cills, key fob badges. Anyone that has been through this process and perhaps can chat to me about obtaining these I would be very gratefull, please PM me. Thank you!

Hello all, well. I picked up the car today and very pleased I am with it too. Any help to sort all the badging would be very welcome. As far as I can tell I need a 'waterfall" grill, engine cover, rear boot badge, airbag cover, wheel centres, front door step plates for the cills, key fob badges. Anyone that has been through this process and perhaps can chat to me about obtaining these I would be very gratefull, please PM me. Thank you!

I'm afraid you'll need to put some leg work in on Italian eBay as that is where you'll find it all... Use google translate and paste the Italian names into Italian eBay and you find what you need.

You won't be able to buy an 'airbag cover', instead you'll need to source a complete airbag and swap them over.

OK, so now I have the Lancia "waterfall" grill, the inner door step covers, the wheel centres and rear badge. Waiting to get the airbag. My Delta is black. I have decided to two tone it with the roof and roof pillars in Tempesta Grey in a matte finish. Seen it, looks gorgeous, can't wait!

Of course its legal - Its just a badge! The Police ANPR and DVLA system only goes off your reg. not what your badge is. Its only the same as any kit car / replica etc. My insurance were fine. You wouldn't get nicked if you put a Ferrari badge on a Mini .... only by the fashion-police!

Some might argue its the Chrysler badge thats incorrectly added................................................(no offence Chrysler forumers!)

Yes the police ANPR would go for the number plate and it would come up as a Chrysler...being now a Lancia I can only assume the driver would get stopped more often and at some point asked to change the logo.

Yes the police ANPR would go for the number plate and it would come up as a Chrysler...being now a Lancia I can only assume the driver would get stopped more often and at some point asked to change the logo.

There was a time when I could recognise every (or almost) car make and model on the road, with 1 glance, sadly cars individuality has been distilled out to be replaced by some anodyne eurobox looking yokes!

It's the thing I admire about the Delta, nothing on the road quite looks the same

Hello all, I am new to the forum and have been following this thread with a view to purchasing a Delta at some point. This advert caught my eye as most of the re-badging has been done, the number plate is the same as Alcantaradelta's silver Delta posted earlier in this thread.

With regard to the Delta mentioned, is 91K on a multiair a bit risky or are they sturdier than internet forums would have us believe?

Barry

Hi Barry and welcome. I did not spot it was Alcantaradelta's car! Thought it must have been an enthusiasts. Its probably the first re-Lancia'ed UK Delta I've seen for sale here. If you look through the threads - my car is a 1.4 MA. I've just had to have a new MultiAir Unit and replacement Turbo on my car. There is a known issue with the earlier MA units fitted to most Lancias/Chryslers/Fiats and Alfas with Oil seals in the MA Actuator units. They have revised the units now in later cars but earlier ones like mine (and this one potentially) may suffer from it at some stage. I'm not saying his car is going to but its an early MA engine.

You need to budget a 4-figure sum to replace both - although that price seems decent money to me - with replacement/uprated to the latest spec MA unit and Turbo on my car drives like new now with noticeable improvement in performance. If I was looking again now (and was prepared to be patient!) I would go for either a Limited or a Momo S Delta. They are not that much more used now but with nicer spec IMO. I originally wanted one but when we bought our car they were not far off new-list price! Hope that's ok if Alcantara reads - all the best with the sale - just my opinion!

Let us know how you get on Barry. B)  

Edited by Nello

Hi,yes it was mine.part ex the delta got 2k for it..up for sale at 4k...who says car dealers don't make much..

Slight oil leak,battery drain(really annoying),water leak in boot,clonks on steering,jumping out of gear was the final straw after the petrol cap wouldn't open..

Shame as I really like the style maybe mine was just a bad car for me...

Sorry to hear you had problems Alcantara. I've honestly not read/heard of so many issues with one car (apart from mine!) Yes you may have got more for it rebadged back or even offering it as as Lancia but depends on your time/circumstance etc. What did you replace it with?