Delta Lancia Badging

Nello

Question

I bought my Delta as a Fiat group enthusiast and have bought a replacement Lancia front Grill along with rear badge. The alloy centres and other badging will follow!

Replaced the rear easily enough - heat up the badge with a hair dryer then slide some string along to break up the adhesive. Roll off the excess with you thumb then remove anything left with sticky stuff remover. I just need to work out how to remove the front grill. There are 6 T30 Torx Star head screws along the top edge.

I think there is a fixing inside each front wheel arch to remove then a series of screws underneath the front edge under the car and the whole bumper should hopefully come off. Will confirm once I've done mine! The Grill itself is then held on to the bumper panel by 10 clips on the grill back that push on.

Edited by Nello

201 answers to this question

Just changed the grill on mine, a bog standard 1.4 MAir.  Also changed the wheel centres, rear badge and put on some non-OEM kick plates.  I have the airbag steering wheel centre to fit which is the next job.  Thanks to all the posts here which really helped give the confidence to do the work.  I've added a few photos.  Managed to get the old Chrysler grill off without breaking any of the plastic tangs.One thought - is it necessary to undo the bolts in the white metal joint?  These seem to just hold the outer wing to inner wing and aren't directly related to the bumper but maybe the bumper wouldn't come off without them out?  Taking these out took about half the total job time for me.  Thanks again everyone. 

Ian Powis

post-1407-0-20312500-1491552755_thumb.jpg

post-1407-0-17187500-1491552762_thumb.jpg

post-1407-0-82812500-1491552769_thumb.jpg

post-1407-0-65625000-1491552783_thumb.jpg

post-1407-0-29687500-1491552795_thumb.jpg

post-1407-0-64062500-1491552822_thumb.jpg

post-1407-0-12500000-1491552842_thumb.jpg

post-1407-0-71875000-1491552864_thumb.jpg

post-1407-0-10937500-1491552906_thumb.jpg

Edited by pokerwork

Great work Ian  B)  Glad the info helped another Deltisti. Where did you source your Wheel centres from?  You did well not to break any of the plastic grille tabs. 

Pretty sure you do need to remove those white metal bolts to free the bumper but its been a while since I did mine. I think we may be up to about 6-8 converted cars now in the UK that I know of.

Edited by Nello

Thanks Nello,   I bought the car from Arnold Clark back in the summer last year and I asked them if they could get the Lancia badging and they said yes and quoted for all the items.  They even said there was stock of the wheel centres in the UK which seemed odd and I'm not sure if I believe this although they came quickly.  In the end I just bought the wheel centres and rear badge from them.  They said they could only supply the horizontal bar version of the Lancia grill and I wanted the vertical one so I bought this from Italy.  I also bought the steering wheel centre from Italy since the UK price for this was a whopping £800 and I think I paid about £90 from memory.  The wheel centres were about £19 each but worth it I think.

I've had several Lancias over the years although currently just have a Gamma coupe which I've had for 27 years.  I know of one other Gamma owner that has a Delta and rebadged it and also another Gamma owner that has an Ypsilon and done the same.  We were all motivated by our trip to the Gamma 40th in Turin last year when we saw so many Deltas and Ypsilons about the place.

Have you changed your engine Cover Mikey? 

Suprised the dealers sourced your parts Ian though I've always wondered about taking an eper part number in to my local Fiat dealer and seeing what sort of response I'd get.

Good stuff chaps!

Have you changed your engine Cover Mikey?

Suprised the dealers sourced your parts Ian though I've always wondered about taking an eper part number in to my local Fiat dealer and seeing what sort of response I'd get.

Good stuff chaps!

I'm sure you can get them from a dealer, but the list prices I've seen are nuts!

You're worse than me!  :P

Indeed... Although I am contemplating again whether to get something else or keep it, so not ready to commit to more expenditure just yet until I've made my mind up.

It needs a service regardless, and the front tyres seem to have worn down quite quickly, so that will be another 140 spondoolies plus the service! Oh and I wanted those fitted blinds that go in all the windows beyond the 'B' post too.

The trouble is I want another Alfa Sportwagon or dare I say it possibly a Jeep! :blink:

:D  As mentioned we considered moving ours on with our MA issue however I knew I'd only have to go out and find another 4-door and as theres not much else thats so different for the price - plus I think we bought our Delta for a bargain price we figured may as well just go and sort it for me to use and carry on as is........ I'd have another 159 but would have to be a Ti next time and we did look at a Renegade for Mrs Nello as its the same car as the 500X but the Fiats alot better looking IMO...

Just put a new set of Goodyears on the front too - never changed the rears though like the Coupe they seem to just wear on the front and have started to crack with age on the rear so will replace them too at some point.

Edited by Nello

Yeah I've only ever had TI's so know what you mean as the spec is really good and worth having over the Lusso....

No I was at auction a few weeks back looking at an Abarth for stock when right behind it was an 11 plate Jeep Compass which was the FCA's first meddle with them. It was a Limited spec with side bars, rear tints and spoiler, 18'' alloys, full heated leather, memory seats, Sat Nav and the Boston audio upgrade with a small sub in the boot wall. These Compass's have a 2.2 Merc diesel engine mated to a 6 speed manual pushing out about 160bhp, so whilst not the most refined engine ever, it still feels brisk enough for a family hack, plus 4 wheel drive and mid 40's to the gallon. Now they can be had for as little  6.5k for a fully loaded one if your lucky, so a lot of car for the money, which is what drew me too it... The reviews aren't great, but that's to be expected, so have since driven a few and think it's really good given all of the above...

And me - Loved our old 159 SW Lusso apart from the Oil-burner engine. Nice spec. I really like the last Ti cars with the modified seats and blackened dash. We'll forgive you for a Compass - I did say I liked the Thema/300c!  :o  :D

Edited by Nello

Yeah my last ti SW was a Mk3 aka black dash, half leather/half Alcantara with red piping extendable Recaro style seats, and darkened 19''ti alloys with matching brushed aluminum mirror covers. Looked mean for a daddy wagon!

Yeah the ''Thelma'' as we used to call them wasn't exactly cough pretty cough! :lol:

Guess what - just seen an Ypsilon and the wifes like them!  :ph34r:

Ha-ha my Brummy Spaz likes them too! The only thing is the only one worth having is the twin-air. The 1.2 is woeful and the diesel 1.3 is troublesome.

The bright side is that they are mega cheap now, so that might be a blessing in disguise lol!!!

Take her out in one for a test drive quick! :lol:

Hmmmm for cheap motoring I was thinking more along the lines of the 1.2 with it's classic simplicity, no multi air to fail and no dpf issues for short journeys. Also I find the noise from anything less than 4 cylinders initially amusing but ultimately irritating Edited by Rossocorsa