and

L Plates

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Locationwolerhapmton

Posted 08 November 2019 - 06:17 AM

Sorry if this is long as a first post and hope it is in the rite place

Yesterday 7/11 i purchased a 2006 2.8 grand voyager all drove fine then after about 1hr red brake warning light came on as the car had been standing for a while i thought may be switch sticking but when i came to stop brakes worked great on 1st operation of pedal but on 2nd pedal went hard did stop but with no assist but when driven a while same again .THEN about 1hr after abs / traction off / lights came on but brakes did feel a bit better is this all related to one problem any help or thoughts will be great thanks 

Again sorry for the long post

#2 gordy

gordy

Advanced Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • LocationDumfries

Posted 08 November 2019 - 09:02 PM

I'd say to check the Vacuum hoses and pump. Not sure about the 2.8 but on my 2.5 Vac hose comes from pump to brake assist cylinder where it uses it as a supply tank. from there it goes to Turbo actuator via a solenoid valve. Could even be solenoid valve sticking and blowing off (yes should be (suckoff). Remember someone back having probs with this valve.

#3 and

and

L Plates

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Locationwolerhapmton

Posted 09 November 2019 - 03:28 PM

i am sure i replied yesterday if i did sorry i have ordered a solenoid valve but took it for a diagnostic yesterday on the way the abs light & traction light went out got it tested no fault codes were found or in the history on way back they came back on .drove about a mile this morning and lights went out went this afternoon lights back on any ideas cheers

#4 QinteQ

QinteQ

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 09 November 2019 - 04:55 PM

Get a dScanner on it and it will :

- tell you in general if you have a speed sensor off
- clear your codes, replace the offending sensor
- [known "good starts] will switch off warning light
- [known "good starts] will remove "active" codes
- [known "good starts] will leave legacy codes intact

Best of luck

#5 gordy

gordy

Advanced Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • LocationDumfries

Posted 10 November 2019 - 06:28 PM

It's this loss of brake assist that you should worry about. As QinteQ says your probably better getting it scanned. I think there's two sides to this fault, either it's just temp vacuum loss and needs sorted. Or the ABS controller is not happy about something. Usually with these cars when brake warning light flashes up its the wheel sensor 90% of the time. Keep us posted..

#6 QinteQ

QinteQ

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 10 November 2019 - 06:59 PM

The ABS is always (software) disabled in any of the 4 sensors are not in its calibration. Gordy is right you need to know which sensor isn't reading the pulse. Cheap part (but not from main stealer) and DIY if you know how.

Best of luck.

#7 and

and

L Plates

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Locationwolerhapmton

Posted 15 November 2019 - 07:18 AM

Hi guys thanks for your replies i have ordered 2 front wheel sensors and a vacuum solenoid valve i will fit them asap when if evere it stops raining cheers guys

• QinteQ likes this

#8 and

and

L Plates

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Locationwolerhapmton

Posted 15 November 2019 - 03:31 PM

Hi just change both front sensors and road tested abs warning lights have gone out but brake pedal is hard as tho there is no servo could it be a vacuum problem any ideas and thanks for all your help

#9 gordy

gordy

Advanced Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • LocationDumfries

Posted 15 November 2019 - 09:24 PM

Owner shouldn't have sold car without telling you about those faults. Thinks he would have been free to do so as it was a cash sale but he sold a dangerous car.

Possible two faults with your car then and you've solved one. Down to checking if there is Vacuum now. 

#10 and

and

L Plates

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Locationwolerhapmton

Posted 16 November 2019 - 09:18 AM

Yes i agree but i must take some of the blame for not taking it further  but   i must bite the bullet he did say he had changed the servo as the brake pedal went hard every now and then but i will check further thanks again

#11 maxcaddy

maxcaddy

Just Passed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 09:23 AM

Perhaps he changed the Servo but then found it didn't actually cure the pedal, so then sold the car to you ?.

If so you could be in a world of expense and diagnostic time, which if you're not equipped with all the right gear could end up more an arm and leg than a chew on a bullet........... :(

#12 gordy

gordy

Advanced Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • LocationDumfries

Posted 17 November 2019 - 03:44 PM

See if you can get hold of a vacuum gauge and fit it temporarily on a hose near servo. Then start it and while watching gauge listen for leak while fingering about servo/vac pump/turbo actuator solenoid (not sure if one on this car). Magic fingers might bring you luck..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users