Rearview mirror keeps dropping off

Carrie

Question

The rear view mirror on my 2005 Voyager 'stow and go'keeps dropping off. We've tried glues and sticky pads, but nothing seems to work.  The latest was supposed to be a state of the art fix it kit. Nope, didn't work. I 'm hovering between annoyance, frustration and anger here. Has anyone a solution that actually works? 

4 answers to this question

Nope sorry, same thing happened to me last year. Bought two different 'solutions' - pads etc. one lasted a week, the other approximately 1/2 an hour. My original detachment was due to me attaching a dash cam / rear view screen to the mirror which worked well until a really hot day must have melted the glue on the factory 'fit' / glued mount. My solution presently is to file the mirror away in the glovebox.

Hi there!

I tried the actual glue for car mirrors to windscreens, lasted many months, then a hot day saw it off. Tried it again, OK for quite a while, then off.

So now I've used superglue the last couple of times, arm gets a bit achy while it goes off sufficiently, but it does last a good while!