Door Wont Open!

suzysebring

Question

13 answers to this question

I assume you are referring to your husband changing the battery ?

There is an ongoing issue with Sebrings,Avengers,Jeeps across the range with this problem. From what I can see it is simply

down to poor protection of the door lock from natural water ingress inside the door(s). The deadlocks stay on and you cannot

open the door from the inside or outside. As a result there was a recall issued for this and your car may be one of those affected

so I would recommend a phone call or trip to nearest dealership.

:)

Hi Mike, welcome to the forum.

Recall is still ongoing but you will need to call your nearest dealer to see if your vehicle is within the affected chassis range. Might actually be better to call 'Customer services' as a lot of dealerships are new in the UK  :rolleyes:

There has been a recall so I can only assume yours is not within the given chassis range, information I have is door malfunction mainly down to door not locking. 

A door not opening will fail a MOT test so it will need sorted and it is also a safety concern. Get it fixed and write to customer services (worth a try why not?) and point out the significant number of similar complaints on the internet.

Hi, I am new to this forum and I have the same problem with my drivers door. I notice when it happens the radio doesn't switch off when you take out the keys. Some times the doors open within a few days but this time it's been a few weeks. Has anyone solved this yet. I have tried a recall but there isn't one for this car. Thankyou

I have the same door problem, just locks up and won't open. I have contacted my dealer, who is new ( 2 years) and he tells me there is no recall on my 2007 Sebring Ltd diesel. Have reported this to customer services at Chrysler, a nice lady called Lena and I am waiting for her to get back to me. With regard to the problem of the radio not switching off, taking out the relevant fuse fixes this. I find it is important to remember to switch off the info system before turning the engine off. This is my second Sebring and apart from this niggle both cars have been fine. Pity the new model isn't available here.

Managed to get the door open after running the engine for an hour. Chrysler customer services got back to me to say there is no recall outstanding. Ergo the problem & cost to fix are mine. Having got the door open, I sprayed the lock mechanism with WD 40 to counteract any dampness issues. However I suspect this is another of those problems associated with the sophisticated SatNav infotainment system. Particularly if the battery is allowed to run down. I have also switched off the "auto lock" in settings. So far the problem has not recurred. I wonder if there are outstanding software bug fixes for the "infotainment system"? My Sebring is the 2007 model, first register in the UK in 2009

The deadlock is the problem, if you get the door open then you could remove the second lock wiring terminal from the latch wiring, but this may invalidate your insurance, but may be a temp fix until a new latch is fitted.

The radio does not turn off if there is no signal to say the door has been opened, if set on delay, for any amount of time.