Crd 2.5 Injector Puller Tool

VoyagerPig69

Question

Hi,

I was looking at the Miller VM 9075A tool, which seems to be the go to tool for pulling the diesel injectors.

The price is laughable for a tool I may only use once and ordering it to Spain incurs a shedload of added VAT/IVA postage etc; and even more now, after Brexit.

I do have an engineering background and some quite industrial tools around and also a friend with a workshop with some quite thick pieces of steel and aluminium loafing about.

Can anyone with one of these tools give me the dimensions, (looking at it there seems to be two sets of legs for it) and My friend and I may give it a go and knock up our own version of it! we will post pictures of our handy work.

post-659-0-03496000-1632161413_thumb.jpg

Thanks in advance.

12 answers to this question

I've one here for £80.

It's been adapted, I suspect it was done so it could pull the injectors from the LDV as well (more bulbus top).

Had to buy one years ago when my belt snapped, cost about £450 all in from America. Not all bad, I rented it out at £100 a pop plus postage and got a good 12 or 13 hires. Nearly covered the whole rebuild costs.

Unfortunately I'm no draughtsman, and it's in inches as I think, being American, it was done in inches (mm readings were a bit odd)

Hope it helps

https://ibb.co/TkY8BGq

Not bothered with the short leg sizes, as I never used them. Probably used to get a start then changed to the longer ones. 

Edited by soupstone

Unfortunately I'm no draughtsman, and it's in inches as I think, being American, it was done in inches (mm readings were a bit odd)

Hope it helps

https://ibb.co/TkY8BGq

Not bothered with the short leg sizes, as I never used them. Probably used to get a start then changed to the longer ones. 

Thank you so much!!! Not a bother with the Dimensions, I was, in a previous life, an engineer and quite often had to knock up items from clients drawings, I can convert quite happily to metric, or use feet and inches. I am guessing that #1 and 2 (centre bottom) is the tubular, puller part?     

I did wonder about the two sizes of legs but thought there maybe a difference for the 2.5 and 2.8 (having never poked about at the 2.8 motor)

Once again, thank you so much.

Gives me a project  for next week , hopefully, when the new injectors should be arriving!

Hi guys I need to change injector number 4 but not sure of its location any help plz

Injectors on the 2.5 (and the 2.8) are under the big plastic cover over the engine, once removed, you will see the injectors and fuel rail and flexible return fuel line. I believe they are numbered from right to left, as you look at the engine from the front.

s-l500.jpg

Not my engine BTW!!!

Think it's more the legs that matter, and the top part. That's what seats the tool in position, more so the bottom of the legs into the cavity between the injectors, with the top part giving you the correct spacing between them. 
For actually pulling up, as long as there's a slot that goes round the injector, it'll be good to go. 

Yep, #1 and #2 are the puller part, just to try and show it a bit better.

Good luck with the project.

Daz264,

I just noticed I put right to left, its actually left to right as you view it from the front!!!!!!!

Injectors on the 2.5 (and the 2.8) are under the big plastic cover over the engine, once removed, you will see the injectors and fuel rail and flexible return fuel line. I believe they are numbered from right to left, as you look at the engine from the front.

s-l500.jpg

Not my engine BTW!!!

Sorry I just noticed I said right to left, I meant left to right!!!