My New Bella!

MikeyRules

Question

Well thought I'd start a new thread now I've actually got the car home and have started doing some rebranding and modifications to track the progress and help others who fancy going down this route.

As bought/standard:

Rear Badge removed:

Standard head unit:

New Sat Nav / DVD / TV / WI-FI /Rear view camera head unit: (I'm still waiting on this and hope to have it installed before Xmas)

New Momo Design black grill:

I'm now waiting on a new Lancia Airbag, Sill plates, rear badge and 4 hub caps, ah and a set of mats...

I knew you'd see sense Rosso!  B)  Looks terrific and much better! I know the lad (Stewart?) in the Lancia Club has the imported LHD Delta. So does that make 4 of us with correctly badged UK Deltas' now then? And they reckon Zonda's are rare here :D  

Yeah I've seen stuart's car on the Lancia forum... There was also a lhd Lancia Delta for sale on Auto Trader before xmas so does that make 5!?

I've driven a Zonda S at Bruntingthorpe Proving Ground a couple of years back and it was a work of art and quite scary to drive too! It wasn't a patch on the Maserati GranTurismo MC Stradale... that had me at hello! :lol:

Hi All

I newbie to forum.

I have just bought a Delta S momo. I've had it a week and love it to bits. 

I've already removed the badge off the back and would like a new front grill. seen a couple on ebay italia.

Any help with re branding would be appreciated.

Thanks

Welcome to the converts club Paskey! I'm sure you'll fit in well fella!

Have a read through the thread on here from Nello/Rosso or myself and you'll see where we're sourcing the parts from etc... (mostly eBay.Italia) Post up any questions and we'll help where we can! B)

I knew you'd see sense Rosso! B) Looks terrific and much better! I know the lad (Stewart?) in the Lancia Club has the imported LHD Delta. So does that make 4 of us with correctly badged UK Deltas' now then? And they reckon Zonda's are rare here :D

At Julia and Stuart's today have to say that now I've seen the two together I think the momo grille possibly looks even better than the early waterfall style Edited by Rossocorsa

Hi All

I newbie to forum.

I have just bought a Delta S momo. I've had it a week and love it to bits.

I've already removed the badge off the back and would like a new front grill. seen a couple on ebay italia.

Any help with re branding would be appreciated.

Thanks

Italian eBay is definitely the Best source the momo grille on there is about a third of the price from fiat, I think you would be wise to buy sooner rather than later as these (presumably) surplus stocks may not last long Edited by Rossocorsa

Welcome to the club paskey  B) I started a rebadging thread here :   http://www.chryslerforum.co.uk/topic/32-delta-lancia-badging/    but anything specific you need to know - just ask us!

p.s. Photos are a must here for converts  :D

Hi Nello

Thanks for the welcome. 

The Delta is covered in snow this morning so will post photos later.

I have found 3 Momo grills on ebay Italia but non will send to GB but i have emailed so waiting for replies.( Not expecting any replies till after holidays)

I have also found a badge for the tailgate which i have bought and waiting for delivery.

Thats all i need to change on outside of car as the wheels don't have the Chrysler badge on them luckily.

Welcome to the converts club Paskey! I'm sure you'll fit in well fella!

Have a read through the thread on here from Nello/Rosso or myself and you'll see where we're sourcing the parts from etc... (mostly eBay.Italia) Post up any questions and we'll help where we can! B)

Thanks Mikey will do

All this rebranding makes me wonder about fiat and their lack of logic, even if they insisted on Chrysler for the UK they could have branded many of these items simply as delta and then not had to duplicate parts, I sometimes think someone changed as much as possible just to make it difficult to re brand it back.

Its a legal requirement Rosso. To sell the car here a manufacturer has to be type-approved and their product be registered accordingly to see the car as that new. Thats why we have daft changes like the etched windows etc.  

Once its registered to an owner they can do what they like then...

Hi Nello

Thanks for the welcome. 

The Delta is covered in snow this morning so will post photos later.

I have found 3 Momo grills on ebay Italia but non will send to GB but i have emailed so waiting for replies.( Not expecting any replies till after holidays)

I have also found a badge for the tailgate which i have bought and waiting for delivery.

Thats all i need to change on outside of car as the wheels don't have the Chrysler badge on them luckily.

What wheels do you have then paskey? All the OE wheels had at least the Chrysler wing but thats easily unclipped off the back of the centres.

Yeah I've seen stuart's car on the Lancia forum... There was also a lhd Lancia Delta for sale on Auto Trader before xmas so does that make 5!?

I've driven a Zonda S at Bruntingthorpe Proving Ground a couple of years back and it was a work of art and quite scary to drive too! It wasn't a patch on the Maserati GranTurismo MC Stradale... that had me at hello! :lol:

Yes I saw that one as well Mike - It looked nice as it had the Pearl/Cream white which did not come in to the UK on the Chrysler badged cars.

Its a legal requirement Rosso. To sell the car here a manufacturer has to be type-approved and their product be registered accordingly to see the car as that new. Thats why we have daft changes like the etched windows etc.  

What wheels do you have then paskey? All the OE wheels had at least the Chrysler wing but thats easily unclipped off the back of the centres.

The etched windows are complete nonsense no legal requirement it's a bunch of bandits that simply try to screw a registration fee off subsequent owners for what amounts to nothing. totally useless and pointless garbage, European cars don't have this crap it's typical of the rob what you can get UK charge for nothing culture.

S momo design wheels have simple small centre caps no chrysler design, the wheels are off the fiat bravo just painted in dark grey Edited by Rossocorsa

Well after an 700 mile trip to and around Pembrokeshire this last few days I've observed a couple of niggles...

One of my rear callipers is sticking slightly and causing constant brake squeal without touching the brake pedal which is mildly annoying to say the least, so will have to check it out.   

Mixed MPG seems to be around the 48mpg on the read out, but haven't brim tested so am not sure how far out the readout is with reality... This is a little less than I expected... but I have hoofed it past a few idiots today so maybe my impatience with golf and Hyundai muppets! 

I seem to be getting mild back ache on long journeys so think the seats could be improved especially as Alfa seats are far superior and I've never had this problem before!

Whoever designed the washer bottle neck wants shooting! I ran out of washer fluid today and stopped at a filling station in Ceredigion to replenish and wasted nearly a litre trying to top it up! No matter how slowly you pour, bubbles form and cause the fluid to overflow! Grrr!

The power socket seems very short in length and I ended up taping two match sticks to the side of my Nav power lead to keep the bloody thing in! Why why why!

Well after an 700 mile trip to and around Pembrokeshire this last few days I've observed a couple of niggles...

One of my rear callipers is sticking slightly and causing constant brake squeal without touching the brake pedal which is mildly annoying to say the least, so will have to check it out.

Mixed MPG seems to be around the 48mpg on the read out, but haven't brim tested so am not sure how far out the readout is with reality... This is a little less than I expected... but I have hoofed it past a few idiots today so maybe my impatience with golf and Hyundai muppets!

I seem to be getting mild back ache on long journeys so think the seats could be improved especially as Alfa seats are far superior and I've never had this problem before!

Whoever designed the washer bottle neck wants shooting! I ran out of washer fluid today and stopped at a filling station in Ceredigion to replenish and wasted nearly a litre trying to top it up! No matter how slowly you pour, bubbles form and cause the fluid to overflow! Grrr!

The power socket seems very short in length and I ended up taping two match sticks to the side of my Nav power lead to keep the bloody thing in! Why why why!

In my experience the mpg readout on my car when in standard tune is slightly pessimistic, I always fill to the brim each fill as I prefer not to waste time in filling stations and because I'm a sad case and like to keep on top of things I use the fuel friend android app. Did Grimsby to Cumbria in the limited 439 miles in miserable weather brimmed it today 45.91mpg and erm....I wasn't exactly hanging about ;-) average speed on the trip was just under 60 for whole distance so I must have been going just a BIT quicker sometimes. Had a couple of short trips whilst there in Stuart's twin turbo it is a lot more responsive at low revs but he didn't give it a lot of welly so no report on ultimate performance.

Can't say the washer bottle bothers me, except for the inexcusable lack of a low level warning light, did you realise you have to pull up the centre filter piece? It's not very obvious. The seat is,as I've said before, a driving position issue you need to play with it a bit more seat height distance from pedals steering wheel extension and the lumbar support. I would recommend trying a tad higher and the seat back a bit more uptight, at first it may feel too upright but you may well find that is not the case

I haven't really found the socket an issue but only use a short charging adaptor as I have standard sat nav

Edited by Rossocorsa

Yeah I always fill each time to the brim, just haven't done a brim test properly yet. It only cost me £57 to fill up on Sunday which compared to the Discovery is amazing! I'm surprised you say the read out is pessimistic though, as usually they over egg if anything so that's novel!

I did pull out the filter completely but it still was a pain in the ass to get the fluid in. Interestingly the rear wash was the first to stop working, so the feed for the rear must be higher up in the bottle? I thought it had frozen at first given overnight temps where we were staying hitting lows of -7c!

I'll raise the seat a little as you say and see if it improves any... Airbag, rear badge and Sat Nav/Air-con unit to fit this week!