My New Bella!

MikeyRules

Question

Well thought I'd start a new thread now I've actually got the car home and have started doing some rebranding and modifications to track the progress and help others who fancy going down this route.

As bought/standard:

Rear Badge removed:

Standard head unit:

New Sat Nav / DVD / TV / WI-FI /Rear view camera head unit: (I'm still waiting on this and hope to have it installed before Xmas)

New Momo Design black grill:

I'm now waiting on a new Lancia Airbag, Sill plates, rear badge and 4 hub caps, ah and a set of mats...

Do they have delta logo on? Mine do and came with mopar part number on bag, not super posh but look ok to me

Yeah mine are exactly the same! Even got the fixings to lock them to the floor...

What's this mopar nonsense then? Is it another American company that came as part of the Chrysler deal then?

When I first saw the logo I thought it was Mangoletsi Alfa Romeo!

Edited by MikeyRules

Yeah mine are exactly the same! Even got the fixings to lock them to the floor...

What's this mopar nonsense then? Is it another American company that came as part of the Chrysler deal then?

When I first saw the logo I thought it was Mangoletsi Alfa Romeo!

They adopted mopar as the official parts distribution, another nail in the Italian coffin

Yep they sound like the 'Factory' mats to me...............I have them as well -  They are ok with the logo but not especially luxurious (thick) are they. 

To quote wikipedia Mike "Mopar  is the parts, service and customer care organization within Chrysler Group LLC. Mopar also designs and builds a small number of customized vehicles.[2] The name derives from a combination of letters from the words motor and parts."

I really like the momo S Rosso but would prefer a lighter one to see the contrast with the bits 'blackened' to make the S version.

Sorry I forgot my camera tonight - will post the promised sill photos tomorrow.

Well those mats are sh*te! The drivers side one isn't even the right shape??  I'll get a pic when it's daylight to show you what I mean!

Also you have to use a bradawl to create a hole in the floor for the securing lugs. As they're made of plastic and the floor is quite thick unless you make the hole really wide the lugs snap when trying to screw them into the hole... So one is now in two pieces, so am going to have to find some more.

P.S: Love that 'S' Rosso! Saw that a couple of days after I bought mine... I would have been tempted, but at a couple of grand more think I've made the right decision!

Edited by MikeyRules

I had mats in my car so didn't try the new ones bought them as spares, you got me worried now......are you sure they didn't send you ones for an auto the mat shape is different apparently. (?) Nello each to their own but I think the momo S looks terrible in light colours with the black grille contrasting too much and especially with the chrome crappler badge too! Chrome waterfall is much better on a white car and I would agree a white one needs a black or Matt black roof they don't look right all one colour

No opted not to remove the bumper and simply snapped the lugs off the old grill to remove... The new grill secures at the top and bottom anyway and I used some tiny blobs of tiger seal on the back (at each lug point) to make sure it stays put.

There's always a few airbags on Italian eBay to be honest, although a lot are second hand which I didn't want. I ended up getting a brand new one by emailing the seller for a 'buy it now' price including UK postage and she came back saying £95 all in. It's a complete unit though as the front doesn't separate.

Have you fitted the airbag yet? Just wondered how you got on with it, I know that you need to open up the two holes on the side of the steering wheel to access the sprung clips with a rod or screwdriver just wondered how easy it is in practice?

With regard to the grille how did you access the back of it to release the lugs?

Edited by Rossocorsa

No it's the only thing that's still outstanding from Italy at the moment!

When I removed the airbag from my Discovery 3 I had follow a power down process.

1. Wait for the dash instrumentation to go out.

2. Disconnect the battery and wait 15 minutes.

3. Using an airbag removal tool (which inserted into two locating holes on either side of the back of the steering) hook the springs and pull hard to release the airbag.

4. carefully disconnect the airbag loom.

5. Re-connect new Airbag and push firmly back into place.

I've not looked yet at the back of the airbag, but it can't be that different...

I really like them mate in white! As you say each to their own  B)

http://www.autoedizione.nl//wp-content/gallery/delta-s1/delta-momo12.jpg?068533

I really like this colour combo Neil, and even my wife commented how nice your car was when she saw the pic's you posted of FB fella!

In Italy they also do one in cream/black which we first saw on the Lido just out of Venice back in 2009!

Edited by MikeyRules

No it's the only thing that's still outstanding from Italy at the moment!

When I removed the airbag from my Discovery 3 I had follow a power down process.

1. Wait for the dash instrumentation to go out.

2. Disconnect the battery and wait 15 minutes.

3. Using an airbag removal tool (which inserted into two locating holes on either side of the back of the steering) hook the springs and pull hard to release the airbag.

4. carefully disconnect the airbag loom.

5. Re-connect new Airbag and push firmly back into place.

I've not looked yet at the back of the airbag, but it can't be that different...

Pretty similar except I think the sprung bars push inwards, just summoning up the courage to do it and not keen on punching holes in the steering wheel trim but there's no other way to do it

I really like this colour combo Neil, and even my wife commented how nice your car was when she saw the pic's you posted of FB fella!

In Italy they also do one in cream/black which we first saw on the Lido just out of Venice back in 2009!

I don't mind this combo, certainly it's better than all over white, it's just the black grille that I find looks wrong on a light colour especially with that hideous chrysler badge in shiny chrome in the middle of it. If they'd blackened the badge too it'd look better Also instead of colour coding the door bottoms and bumper trim I think it'd look better with those in gloss black or the original black plastic Edited by Rossocorsa

Gents anyone mind sharing where and how much you can get the Lancia Airbags please? I've got my eye on Italian Ebay circa £100?

I imagine any disconnection of the Airbag system will also trigger the Airbag dash light so add in a requirement to get that turned back off......

Gents anyone mind sharing where and how much you can get the Lancia Airbags please? I've got my eye on Italian Ebay circa £100?

I imagine any disconnection of the Airbag system will also trigger the Airbag dash light so add in a requirement to get that turned back off......

Shouldn't trigger the light as you MUST disconnect the battery For AT LEAST 10min (I would leave a lot longer just to be sure)before you remove, in theory it shouldn't see the change over (?).

Mine came from Poland but remains to be seen if it fits/ works OK so I'm kind of reluctant to recommend just yet but it came off eBay and arrived quickly. At the moment struggling to get rear badge and wheel centres got price off seller then can't get Them to send an invoice, guessing they have gone on holiday(?).

Tried to post a link for air bag removal instructions from my iPad but for some reason it pastes here blank ???

Edited by Rossocorsa

Yes that's the guy I want 4 centre caps plus the badge, he advised me a discounted figure for them but when I replied the next day try as I might I can't get a paypal invoice from him so I think he must be closed for Xmas

Just be careful with that Italian company (Car Passion) as I ordered a rear Alfa badge earlier this year and it took nearly 5 week to come. Then when I opened the jiffy bag the badge was bent and creased as all they'd done to protect it was cellotape it to a flimsy piece of cardboard!

When I complained about the badge and how long it had taken to arrive they just said they couldn't be held accountable for post or the damage! I could have effin walked it to the UK quicker, so left them neg feedback...

Just be careful with that Italian company (Car Passion) as I ordered a rear Alfa badge earlier this year and it took nearly 5 week to come. Then when I opened the jiffy bag the badge was bent and creased as all they'd done to protect it was cellotape it to a flimsy piece of cardboard!

When I complained about the badge and how long it had taken to arrive they just said they couldn't be held accountable for post or the damage! I could have effin walked it to the UK quicker, so left them neg feedback...

Yes but their centre caps are about half price so what to do......

Yes but their centre caps are about half price so what to do......

As the saying goes... You pays your money and takes a chance!

They even tried to bribe me by saying that if I'd change my feedback to positive (which can't be done anyway) they would send out a replacement! Cheeky B**tards!

I would mind but they didn't even post it for about 3 weeks, so that probably was the main reason it took so long to arrive...

Anyway talking of badges...These finally arrived! They are slightly darker than the alloys, but don't look too bad as the match the car colour. What an absolute sod to fit though as the spring clip is really tight. One was so tight it snapped two of the lugs on the back so had to get some plastic glue to fix them back on again. Anyway fortunately its worked and its on the car tight.

The Nav unit has also arrived, but due to work load and Christmas incoming I've not had time yet to even have a proper butchers let alone fit it...

Pretty good spec though!

Sav Nav looks great Mike - bet you couldn't wait to open that parcel when it arrived! They look a good price for those centres......How much did he charge including shipping if I can ask?

I bought some stick on logos from ebay and removed the Chrysler wings from mine....... Yes you can still see the wing edges but for 99p I'm not too worried!

I'll post some photos and my sills when I finally remember!