My New Bella!

MikeyRules

Question

Well thought I'd start a new thread now I've actually got the car home and have started doing some rebranding and modifications to track the progress and help others who fancy going down this route.

As bought/standard:

Rear Badge removed:

Standard head unit:

New Sat Nav / DVD / TV / WI-FI /Rear view camera head unit: (I'm still waiting on this and hope to have it installed before Xmas)

New Momo Design black grill:

I'm now waiting on a new Lancia Airbag, Sill plates, rear badge and 4 hub caps, ah and a set of mats...

Looked into this further might have confused myself a bit with the way the connectors fit so it might be the case that if the metal disc on the original can be pulled off it might actually fit not sure if this is fixed or merely an adaptor, however the bag is definitely for an ypsilon so if nothing else it will be a different capacity and I am not going to take the bag off again to check!

post-252-0-29742900-1425202412_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rossocorsa

Ouch - will need to watch for the right Airbag then Rosso. I'm not aware of any Ypsilon owners doing the Lancia conversion.

I would if I had one! Wouldn't mind a 300c as a Thema!  :ph34r:  I got some replacement Flip fob shells Mikey - Only a few quid.

Add a drop of superglue as one of mine was moving........

One black One white to match my car.........

Interior looks  B) by the way 

Edited by Nello

I actually think they've done a decent job on the Thema. Looks to be alot more than a re-badge. They have seemably re-engineered alot of the car. Seeing as hardly anyone here would recognise the revamped 300c (I've not seen a single revamped one) I reckon one rebaged as the Thema would make quite a cool tourer here.............

http://preview.netcarshow.com/Lancia-Thema-2012-hd.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/da/Interno_Lancia_Thema.JPG

Edited by Nello

The chrysler dealer where I bought my delta told me that fiat had made big improvements to the 300c but that they were difficult to sell as it had pushed the price too high. For me a 300c is classic American (although I think it's actually made in Canada?) and one badged lancia is as bad as a delta badged chrysler. Despite the lancia influenced interior it has very little italian design to it. Compare it to a thesis which is an absolutely beautifully built and engineered car

But that's my point Rosso, there is no Lancia influence in the interior or exterior other than the badging! Look at the picture above and tell me where they differ??

...and as for a dealer telling you they've made big improvements...well that probably wasn't worth the breath he wasted in saying it...Absolute tosh.

That interior is classic Chrysler with the plastic fantastic interior and silly clock. I've sat in one and it was like a Jeep Patriot I once had. If Chrysler had had any influence on the Delta I wouldn't have bought one.

My point is the Delta is 100% Lancia and the 300c is 100% Chrysler. Fiat will want customers to believe the product has improved now they've bought Chrysler but the reality is it hasn't, and the reviews and sales are reflecting that.

However I have to say the Jeep brand does finally seem to be reaping some benefits as there new line up looks great and the quality seems to have improved considerably.

A lot of the refreshed chrysler/dodge models in the US appear to be fiat/alfa derived such as the new 200 and Dodge Dart, not 100% sure I'm right but isn't the new jeep renegade even built in Italy?

Not sure to be honest as I haven't really read into it yet, but I do like what they're doing with the Jeep brand.

I've always had a soft spot for Jeep, probably as they're a bit left field and quirky which I naturally gravitate too. The new Grand is fantastic to drive, well spec'd and of solid quality but very pricey,and that new baby renegade looks fun and has a kind of Fiat 500 take on a 4x4.

Yes the Renegade is built alongside the 500x. And yes the current Thema is the same as the current 300c but that was post Fiat as well. I meant re-engineering from the original 300c from when Fiat came on board......

The original Thema Turbo was a stonking piece of kit. Real wolf in sheeps..........

I used to have a Fulvia and used Tanc Barratt in Kidderminster - he used to pick me up from the station whenever my Fulvia was being worked on in a Thema - Great drive. And the Thesis! What style! Loved that but never seen even an import in the UK.

We've looked into the 500x to replace my wifes old Sedici which she loved but the 4x4 top spec version is £27k!!

Edited by Nello

Sorry Neil, I realised after I'd posted that both versions of the car were produced under Fiat ownership.... I still stand by my 'polished' statement though :lol:

You're right about the 500x...so much for Fiat branded cars being the budget brand hey! One of my friends has just bought the new Panda Cross thingy and paid the thick end of 20 grand for it. I think he's off his tits personally, but it just goes to show there are people out there that will pay silly money for this type of car.

The cross branded thing does work on occasion. Mrs Nellos' Sedici was built by Suzuki in Hungary alongside their SX4. Fiat wanted a 4x4 drive system and Suzuki wanted the Fiat 1.9 Oil-burner. TBH it was a very good car - we had the 1.6 Petrol which was a chain-driven Suzuki unit and put over 60k on it. At the time we lived in the middle of a field which was never treated or cleared  in winter and it never let us down. Great fun in the snow!  B)

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u241/yardelli/Photo-0032_zpsceyx9n5d.jpg

The cross branded thing does work on occasion. Mrs Nellos' Sedici was built by Suzuki in Hungary alongside their SX4. Fiat wanted a 4x4 drive system and Suzuki wanted the Fiat 1.9 Oil-burner. TBH it was a very good car - we had the 1.6 Petrol which was a chain-driven Suzuki unit and put over 60k on it. At the time we lived in the middle of a field which was never treated or cleared  in winter and it never let us down. Great fun in the snow!  B)

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u241/yardelli/Photo-0032_zpsceyx9n5d.jpg

Yeah we looked at those ages ago as I wanted a mini 4x4 for the other half... They were really good value but we couldn't find the right car at the time either as an SX4 or Sedici.

Unbelievably her 147 has just past its MOT with zero advisories so it might live for a little while longer until we have to replace it. (It had to have a new Rad, and still has an oil leak which I'll need to keep an eye on)

What has Mrs Nello got now then?

Shes' using the Delta Mike as we've also got a Fiat Coupe LE, X1/9 and an Esprit  B)

I think her preference for a 4x4 was due to its higher stance/ visibilty - she then wanted an Evoque until I told her about how much even 2nd hand prices were....... We might wait until the 500x demo's go on to the market but she does not do alot of miles so is ok with the Delta for now (as long as she doesn't kerb the Alloys!!!   :ph34r: )

BTW I've just spotted our old Sedici on Autotrader at a dealer!! 

Edited by Nello

Ah good man...What a great selection of cars! B) Always wanted a Fiat Coupe as I love the styling and they are another wolf in sheep's clothing especially the 20v turbo.

I can't even remember the last time I saw an X19, but do remember how small they were. They must be quite rare now I would have thought!? The nearest I got was a Barchetta which I still love to this very day. The Esprit is very Bond... Again still a very cool and timeless car! Which series is it?

I'd love a Barchetta! Here's the 'stable' mate........  B)

1.Pininfarina

2.Bertone

3.Giugiaro

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u241/yardelli/P1010142.jpg

Only one to hand - just moving out of 'Hibernation'.......

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u241/yardelli/Fiat/FAG.jpg   

And the 'old' girl...............  :D  :P  Owned 21 years........

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u241/yardelli/Lotus/Lotus1.jpg

Oh and this of course as the family runaround!!

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u241/yardelli/P1011092_zpsd1d3e09b.jpg

Edited by Nello

I think my taste is as eclectic as yours! :P

The nearest I've got to a Lotus was this:

Which was closely followed by this which was infinitely better:

After crashing that at 110mph on the back straights of Oulton Park I bought this: (Nismo 350bhp edition)

and for work just for fun so I couldn't get clamped in the works car park: (230bhp/505lbft boost pack)

10 Alfas ensued as my love affair with all things Italian grew (Think you've seen most of those)

So I've just sold this: (my summer toy)

and this: (My winter toy)

and now we only have the 147 twinnie and my Delta...

Edited by MikeyRules

Mine was a 2006 (56) 2.0L sport with the folding factory hardtop, factory body kit and heated leather, so I think quite rare for a 2006 MK3 especially in the pearl grey...

I thought the interior was quite good to be fair, certainly much improved over the previous versions. The seats were of good quality leather, the dash plastic's tactile and the Bose hi-fi was great even with the roof down.

It was a great point to point car with very direct steering. I bought it to share with my Dad, but he hardly found the time to drive it, so I sold it last September for about £1500 more than I paid for it.

It's well known that Vauxhall were very strict with build quality when they got Lotus to produce the VX for them. They pretty much shoulder watched the entire production process so the rumours go, and it definitely showed especially in the later cars. Also at the time only the 1.8 K series engine was available in the Elise whereas the VX had either the GM sourced 2.2 NA or like mine the Z20LET 2,0L turbo charged engine out of the VXR. (210bhp as standard)

I had an equally distant stainless manifold, sports 200 cell Cat and exhaust system made for the car and then charge cooled the air intake with terrifying results (Dry Nitrous)... sub 4 seconds to 60 in the dry if you could keep the power down, and it was an animal if you poked it. On a rolling road day they couldn't keep the car on terra firma as it kept lifting off the rollers!!

The VX was also slightly wider and longer in the wheel base which made it feel more planted. Turn in and direction changes were incredible... and it definitely used be better round the track than my Elise friends. A good friend of mine bought the Elise off me and we used to go for Sunday runs through the Pennines with a pub lunch thrown in for good measure. I used to play cat and mouse with him literally, which used to really pee him off :P   

Edited by MikeyRules