My New Bella!

MikeyRules

Question

Well thought I'd start a new thread now I've actually got the car home and have started doing some rebranding and modifications to track the progress and help others who fancy going down this route.

As bought/standard:

Rear Badge removed:

Standard head unit:

New Sat Nav / DVD / TV / WI-FI /Rear view camera head unit: (I'm still waiting on this and hope to have it installed before Xmas)

New Momo Design black grill:

I'm now waiting on a new Lancia Airbag, Sill plates, rear badge and 4 hub caps, ah and a set of mats...

Chaps - tyres fitted and the Kwik-Fit chap could not have been a more decent bloke. 20 years experience on Mobile only fitting. Was a little confused by the Lancia badge but I kept him up to date!

Goodyears feel superb as expected - huge improvement in ride quality and noise - though my originals were shot! 

Yes I saw those mate and also did not think they would fit. The custom stripes fix straight over the CHRYSLER working. The Illuminated sills were a OE option part but were a ridiculous £250+ from the dealer! They fit over the plastic black ribbed sill cover thats visible from inside the car with the door closed. Bit of a fiddle to fit as you need to take off the whole plastic cover to cut a recessed hole in for the light assembly to drop in to. The wiring then goes up the A post and connects in to the courtesy light fitting in the middle over your head.

They are a Lancia branded part. Will look great once done though with the door open - Martini Striped LANCIA with an illuminated DELTA logo!  B)

I'm pretty sure the T-Jet Alloys are 18"....

Nice plate! I've slightly changed mine to include some Lancia associated wording  :P Again I'll post some shots Monday...... Great to see some fellow Delta 3 enthusiasts in the UK at last! I thought I was on my own!

How did you take theA-post trim off? Need to do this to fit dab aerial, my research suggests that you pull off the oval cover marked airbag, undo a bolt that's behind and then you can pull the trim away? I can't just slip the cabling behind as 1) there's a short copper strip that has to be sort of vaguely earthed to the body by sticking it to the metal uptight 2) the cable needs to be fed neatly and taped down so as to avoid any other functions (air bag comes to mind)

Hi all, I'm new to the forums and am a Chrysler Delta owner also! I wasn't sure where to ask, but there seem to be a lot of knowledgable people here so I thought I'd give it a go. I was wondering if anyone knew if the black Chrysler Momo grille is available anyway (eBay, from Cheysler etc.) - I'm not looking to rebadge mine to Lancia (sorry!), though it is tempting, but wondered if anyone knew if the black Chrysler grille is even something that can be bought on its own.

Thanks!

you could order from local dealer but it will be expensive I would guess about £300 (yes really!!) have you thought about getting yours refinished? it is a very dark grey metallic and as far as I can see the grille is otherwise identical. another option might be to buy one off an owner who has Lancia'd their car .....maybe you should  PM paskey16 as he was looking to change his?  

Edited by Rossocorsa

you could order from local dealer but it will be expensive I would guess about £300 (yes really!!) have you thought about getting yours refinished? it is a very dark grey metallic and as far as I can see the grille is otherwise identical. another option might be to buy one off an owner who has Lancia'd their car .....maybe you should  PM paskey16 as he was looking to change his?  

Good advice, thank you! £300 does sound rather a lot, so maybe the dealer isn't on the list, yeah I believe the shape and style of them is identical, so maybe I could get it refinished or something, or as you suggest ask another member (if anyone had one and wouldn't mind selling it...;) )

Thanks!

So airbag fitted...

Had quite a few faults come up on the central display plus a locked tailgate that wouldn't open either through the fob or directly. All the faults cleared though after several minutes and a restart.

Piano black climate control also done:

I've just got to do the Sat Nav now to match, although the thought of running the reverse camera is putting me off atm.

I do have an issue though that I couldn't resolve either by the 10 starts of the ignition or through connecting my diagnostics... I have the dreaded 'flashing mileage' constantly blinking away on the central display! 

Any ideas chaps on how to reset this, as I can't remember for the life of me whether it's only Fiat Examiner that will clear it?

So airbag fitted...

http://cdn.chryslerforum.co.uk/public/style_images/defraction/attachicon.gif2015-01-05 15.48.31.jpg

http://cdn.chryslerforum.co.uk/public/style_images/defraction/attachicon.gif2015-01-05 15.47.06.jpg

Had quite a few faults come up on the central display plus a locked tailgate that wouldn't open either through the fob or directly. All the faults cleared though after several minutes and a restart.

Piano black climate control also done:

http://cdn.chryslerforum.co.uk/public/style_images/defraction/attachicon.gif2015-01-05 15.47.59.jpg

I've just got to do the Sat Nav now to match, although the thought of running the reverse camera is putting me off atm.

I do have an issue though that I couldn't resolve either by the 10 starts of the ignition or through connecting my diagnostics... I have the dreaded 'flashing mileage' constantly blinking away on the central display! 

Any ideas chaps on how to reset this, as I can't remember for the life of me whether it's only Fiat Examiner that will clear it?

Try disconnecting the battery for about half an hour if that doesn't work you might need a proxi alignment for the can bus to relearn the fitted accessories, multiecuscan will do that but don't ask me how to do it seems a bit technical for me! If you haven't got multiecuscan get it well worth the 50 euros plus the cost of a set of compatible connectors

How did you find changing the airbag was it as easy as it looks on paper and how do you feel about the holes in the surround that have to be made are they noticeable?

Morning Rosso!

Yes it was exactly as expected, and the holes aren't noticeable at all as they are at the back and almost seal up again. As you're only piercing the skin on the existing holes it's only like cutting a slit so once the flat blade screwdriver is removed they almost disappear.

The only advise I can give you is that you need to 'feel' for the spring loaded release bar which is towards the back of the hole away from you and towards the windscreen if that makes any sense.

Hi Chaps

Just an update on my soon to be Lancia delta.

I have finally been able to buy a grill and a boot badge from Italy at a reasonable delivery price instead of some ridiculously high quotes. Only problem is i have to wait until mid to late February to get it here in my mitts.

Love the car getting lots of people asking what it is and almost running off the road trying to see the badge on the front as i have removed the boot one. So funny. 

I will keep you informed when they gets here and post pics when fitted.

Between £50 - £80 from our Italian cousins... just make sure you ONLY buy a new one and not second hand!  There's always a few on Italian eBay if you wait long enough you'll get one at the right price...

You will the mileage flashing issue resetting afterwards though... I still haven't got round to having mine reset yet. The flashing whilst annoying isn't too bad as it's not enough to distract you.

Try disconnecting the battery for about half an hour if that doesn't work you might need a proxi alignment for the can bus to relearn the fitted accessories, multiecuscan will do that but don't ask me how to do it seems a bit technical for me! If you haven't got multiecuscan get it well worth the 50 euros plus the cost of a set of compatible connectors

I think the issue is that after disconnecting the battery some items on the canbus have got out of sync apparently a proxi alignment is the only sure way to cure this as it will synchronise all the functions, it will be as cheap (or nearly) to get the software than go to a stealer. In any case the software is fascinating as you can check regens and stuff, but then again I'm a sad case!

I suspect you were unlucky with the mileage issue, when you did the job did you wait for the car systems to power down fully before disconnecting the battery? Wouldn't be surprised if that caused the issue. Will post the outcome when I do mine, just haven't had time to be bothered with it just yet

Yeah as said before I've done a few of these before so know the drill! Power was off for a good 30 mins before I did anything...

I think the issue is that after disconnecting the battery some items on the canbus have got out of sync apparently a proxi alignment is the only sure way to cure this as it will synchronise all the functions, it will be as cheap (or nearly) to get the software than go to a stealer. In any case the software is fascinating as you can check regens and stuff, but then again I'm a sad case!

Also on some can bus systems you have to 'divorce' a component that you are removing then 'marry' the new one to the system to stop any conflicts. I might invest in Fiat ecu scan when I'm back home as I always have at leat one Alfa/Lancia/Fiat in the family... I'm in Qatar at the moment hence what looks like a really early post... (08.45 here)

I found an italian guy on facebook that makes custom alloy sill trims, I'm going to message him to see if he is able to do anything for the delta and if they can be done at a sensible price or not.

Yes I'd be interested to know what he says too... Neil was supposed to post some pic's of his Martini stripes, but think he's a bit inundated with work/life at the mo, hence the lack of posts....

Yes I'd be interested to know what he says too... Neil was supposed to post some pic's of his Martini stripes, but think he's a bit inundated with work/life at the mo, hence the lack of posts....

I've sent a message so will see, the other option is the official trims which are about £35 or so each, might be the best option but I remain unconvinced that if I order from fiat the right ones will turn up as I can't see a chrysler specific part number