C. Delta On A 12 Plate

Penguin2007

Question

Dear Delta Owners

Have just bought a 12 plate, low mileage C Delta in wonderful white - OK it has to be washed more frequently.

Cruising along our local dual carriageway, with the cruise control on 68mph....Uphill section and cruise control kicks out.

No green light on. When next hill stop is taken, the 'hill holder facility' also kicks in, with the orange warning light on the dash.

I have also had 'lamp failure' pop on a few times, but no LEDs or lamps appear to be out.

The car appeared to be a good bargain, at the time. Have I bought a lemon - did not see the problems on the internet.

Could they be / Are they related or separate events?

Work is going to be carried out under the 12 month warrantee - but ????

Also, I believe that I have projector headlights that rotate in the corners. Can anyone throw me a lifeline, as how to use tape to blank off the 'left throw' when I go to France? Mummy & Daddy Chrysler merely state use the headlight adapters - but these will not cope as they are merely 'beam benders' for static headlights.

Regards

Chris

Morris A35 Van, Ford Cortina Mk3, Ford Cortina Mk4, Fiat Uno x 2, Fiat Punto, Fiat Tipo, Fiat Bravo x 2, Fiat Stilo, Fiat Bravo, and now ... Chrysler Delta 1.6 Sat Nav plus

7 answers to this question

I am not sure about the cruise control/hill holder problem, it may need a body computer upgrade, but the dealer will maybe know that.Also the light failure indicator coming on my be related to the BC.

I have a 1.4 turbo petrol, so my "cornering " lights may not be the same as your adaptive cornering lights, but IF they are the same, you can switch them off if you go into the computer menu.

On my car, it is the fog lights that get switched left or right as you make slow speed turns.............funky!!

Ian

Hi

Having spoken at length with the 'parts person / service technician supervisor et al' .....

My car has not got cornering headlights ....

..... so <query> why no blanking information for continental driving.

Also included in conversation - treat the accuracy as limited unless confirmed by someone in the 'know'...

No cornering headlights on UK models (? especially with comment from @Mention)

Yes cornering fog lights are included in UK models

No run flat facility on UK models (touch wood - I'm in the Scottish Islands next week)

No pressure monitoring on UK models for tyres

No available in print manuals for the horrendously difficult to use Sat Nav system - although its available in English, in Italy (no wait for Jeep supply) but you cannot order direct, as they only sell via a dealer for 200% markup - depending on who you speak too.

Does anyone know of an A35 van for sale?

:-)

Regards

Chris

Morris A35 Van, Ford Cortina Mk3, Ford Cortina Mk4, Fiat Uno x 2, Fiat Punto, Fiat Tipo, Fiat Bravo x 2, Fiat Stilo, Fiat Bravo, and now ... Chrysler Delta 1.6 Sat Nav plus

Our delta has tyre pressure monitoring, cornering lights in the fogs (they only work at very low speed), if you have the adaptive lights (expensive option when new) you will also have headlight washers if you don't have washers you don't have adaptive lights! I wouldn't want run flat tyres as they would feel like riding on concrete wheels given that the tide us already jumpy.