Wiper Size For My 2003 Grand Voyager

lovesmyvoyager

Question

hi 

i have a 2003 grand voyager and trying to find out the correct size for the wipers seems to be a nightmare. they are either meant to be 28 or 26 inches depending on which sites you visit. Looking on ebay they seem to list them in both sizes for the same years. On there at the moment are a pair of 26 inch. 

Just wondered if there is preference to downgrade from a 28 to 26 so it sweeps better. 

I have bought a pair of 28 inch prior to me measuring them as i thought they were the correct size. 

So do I fit the 28 and if so are they better than the 26s or should i stick with the 26?

I know responses on this site can be very limited but am hoping someone takes the time to reply.

thanks

19 answers to this question

Hi guys,

I've used 28" on mine for nearly 4 years, as that's what mine had on it.

Until this very weekend, when on the way back from Anglesey (Sea Zoo with the kids) my less than a week old Bosch 28" touched, the drivers side just catching the underside of the passengers as it came down.

That then presented a bit of a problem as it buggered up the end section of arm.

Anyway the up shot is that the Bosch are approx 1/4" longer, and that was enough to cock it up.

Have previously bought pairs off ebay for £3.95, very good for the dosh, don't last as long but jolly cheap.

Am now running 28" passenger and 26" drivers!!!

Compromise hey!

Cheers fellas,

Nev

so it seems both can be used then. maybe i will try the 28s rather than take them back so i can see if there are problems with that size.

i know at the moment i have the rain being swept across my driver side window obscurring the mirror - wonder if the bigger size stops this or minimises it at all?

would it say anywhere in the manual etc what the correct size wiper should be?

i posted a few months back about those deflectors and remember someone said they looked ugly etc but i think they look fine. not got around to buying a set yet due to me having a few other problems on the car to sort out first.

just wondered if the people who have the 28s fitted are having their mirrors obscurred as well - save me forking out for the deflectors (although still like them anyway)

Never had a problem with rain on side windows, without deflectors.

Whats going on there then?

Something to do with the small channel at the side of the screen to the A pillar possibly.

Those deflectors look fine to me too.

a lot of people seem to suffer with the rain being dragged alongside the drivers window and making viewing out of the mirror nigh on impossible. i hope the deflectors solves the problem.

have put the 26 inch on 

in asda michelin flat blades are half price £7.50 each

not really gotten on with flat blades in the past as they dont seem to have the pressure like the fatter ones

however the michelin are very chunky so have used them for the last couple of days without any problems

not sure if the problem with the rain sweeping across the drivers window is sorted as wasnt raining when i was on the motorway - will keep you updated