oil warning on the dash

seagoon

Question

Hi ,recently when i start first thing in the morning I get a warning of "low oil pressure switch off" I dint know if its the oil pressure sender or could it be a failing oil pump?

when I start it the second time theres no warning ? it only does this at first start up, oil is full and new with a new filter also,  has anyone got an ides as to what it could be?

Please let me know

Regards Dave

7 answers to this question

I had a similar one on the Grand Voyager. The light stayed on at very low revs, bring them up a little and it went off.

When the engine is running, dip the oil, if it's NOT on the dipstick then the pump is at least sending it round the engine.

My knowledge of oil pumps doesn't extend to if they "wear out" and give poor pressure or circulation volume, but my problem was the oil pressure sensor.

On 12/28/2023 at 12:25 PM, bignev said:

I had a similar one on the Grand Voyager. The light stayed on at very low revs, bring them up a little and it went off.

When the engine is running, dip the oil, if it's NOT on the dipstick then the pump is at least sending it round the engine.

My knowledge of oil pumps doesn't extend to if they "wear out" and give poor pressure or circulation volume, but my problem was the oil pressure sensor.

Hi Big Nev,

after finding out its the oil pressure sensor, I was led to believe that its near the oil filter, well after just about dismantling the car I find its not there !!

so can you point me in the right direction ??,  having got round to fitting the oil pressure sensor, I cant find it :o can you help me out ?

Regards Dave