Does The Bench Seat Fold Forwards?

lovesmyvoyager

Question

I have a 2003 grand voyager with a bench seat. I have tried to fold it forwards by pulling the black handle on the right hand side but it only seems to make the seat recline (lean backwards).

I remember seeing a video on youtube of someone pulling the lever and the seat folded flat but my handle is either broke or I am doing something wrong?

Any help or advice would be appreciated. 

4 answers to this question

Hi guys,

Our handbook says / shows the bench should fold too - but it's wrong!

Our 2002 LX didn't. the 2002 Ltd didn't, and the new leather set for the LX don't either, bugger!

But they do go nearly flat, but not as useful as our new (2005 anyway) stow n go.

Yes I agree the rear seats are better in the other models, but 99% of the time it's the kids in the back in their car seats anyhow!

Hi guys,

Our handbook says / shows the bench should fold too - but it's wrong!

Our 2002 LX didn't. the 2002 Ltd didn't, and the new leather set for the LX don't either, bugger!

But they do go nearly flat, but not as useful as our new (2005 anyway) stow n go.

Yes I agree the rear seats are better in the other models, but 99% of the time it's the kids in the back in their car seats anyhow!

I prefer the size of the seats in the non-stow and go but for convenience i would love the stow and go model in the future. although i am starting to wish i had never bought the thing. its in the garage more than me using it and the folder i have for it with all the service history etc is getting thicker by the day.