Engine Management Comes On During Hard Accelaration

Mackemlad2

Question

Hi there, I have a 2001 chrysler grand voyager and I find when I accelerate hard the engine management light comes on, I can turn the engine off and back on and the light goes off, the guy I bought it from says he had the same problem a few year back and it turned out to be a dirty turbo actuator, haven't had this checked yet, I drove to Bournemouth and back and it only happened the once on way back when I floored the throttle whilst doing 80mph, it a 2.5 crd diesel, just wondering if any of you members have had this problem and how you fixed it, it's done 136234 miles and has been remapped,

7 answers to this question

Injectors...injectors....injectors....

Get AA BRc, cover up to £500 per claim! Eventually they will give up the ghost and your car will start to randomly stall. And then it will be difficult to restart.

Thats exactly what was happenning to mine.

Try second hand injectors from ACD. Cheers.

You don't need to shut down engine and restart to clear the fault and light. When limp mod comes on just lift foot off accelerator slightly and it will keep going, full power returns in about 30 seconds. It's a b#gger when you want to accelerate past another car, but it can be done, just don't boot it so hard.

There is another answer worth checking before replacing the Turbo actuator. Check the hose to actuator is clear and not blocked with carbon. Also check the tapping into the boost manifold of Turbo where the hose fits on is also clear. EGR blocks so why shouldn't this small bore pipework block as well. Gosh we've came a long way forward in answer to this fault.