Newbie With A Problem

Dazandtrace

Question

Hi all iv just bought a 2006 voyager 2.8 crd. Need advice. Engine temperature. When I drive the car it takes ages to get warm. Them when it finally gets to the halfway mark that's when things to me don't seem right. But I'm not sure as never owning one before. Right when I put car under load or at a steady 65mph on duel carriageway the gauge will creep up and it has gone as far as 3/4 on the gauge. Iv never let it get to the red. What I do is turn heater temp to hi.and full fan. Yes its nice and warm in car well to warm this time of year. Once iv done that the gauge will drop to back to halfway. If I leave heater setting like it and put car under load the temp gauge will stay at halfway. Once lower the heater temp then put car back under load the gauge rises again. Hope someone can help

Thanks ps I've made sure system has no air and no leaks also replaced rad cap with genuine new one

Thanks

Before anyone says anything no I didn't take photo. A passenger in car took it while I concentrated on driving safely

post-729-0-33096000-1437892933_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dazandtrace

3 answers to this question

Hi ya well iv done a coolant change plus also had a new radiator as it was blocked. Looks as if that was my over heating problem as car runs a lot cooler even under load.

So I thought while I was at it iv change oil and filter and fuel filter aswell.

Thanks everyone for the advice