Replacing The Pcm On A Voyager

seezed

Question

Been having problems with the engine stalling constantly and was told the pcm needed remapping. Decided, out of curiosity, to get serial numbers from the pcm and when finally got to it I was shocked to also find a sticker on it which stated there was a fault with the pcm and that it was caused whilst on the vehicle. This prompted me to find an exact replacement from fleabay which I did, all numbers matched. I then replaced the faulty pcm connected it and started the engine. It started but then seemed to lose power and die. This happened three or four times until the engine would no longer turn over. Does anyone know the correct process for replacing the pcm/ecu? Or if I have done something wrong. There are no error codes btw with either the old or new unit.

Voyager 2.5 CRD 2001.

2 answers to this question

Ok thanks. That seems to agree with what I have since discovered and that In order to get the replacement ecu to work the VIN numbers need to match. Does anyone have any idea how I can get the Replacement ecu reprogrammed so its VIN matches the car?

Thanks