Strange Hazard And Indicator Problem - Where Are The Relays?

funkyjunky

Question

I have really strange problem with the indicators and hazards.

If turning indicator for left OR right, both internal lights flash, as though hazards were on, but external indicator lights do nothing.

If you push the hazard switch, same thing happens.

Logic and much googling points me towards the fuse or relays for the indicators/hazard, but keep being pointed at a second internal fuse/relay box located under the dash near the drivers feet.

Having stripped most of the dash there is none.

Other sources have said that the UK spec only has one fuse box under the bonnet, however there is no relay in there. There is a fuse for hazard (which is OK). All bulbs are OK.

Does anyone know where the relays for the indicators/hazards are located or suggestion of what the problem may be?

My local garage had it for 2 days but gave up as they couldn't get hold of a wiring diagram for that model.

The local "jeep" garage is having problems finding the info!!

Stumped!!

Many thanks in anticipation

5 answers to this question

When chasing a power drain on an 02 plate CRD, I found a second fuse strip tucked away in the rear wheel well, where the jack is stored. 
I'd pulled the fuses, and put one in the wrong slot, which caused my indicators to flash faster than they should. 
Can't remember if there was a relay in there, and the fuse strip might only have been there as it had a factory fitted towbar on it, but might be worth a look. 

On 6/21/2023 at 11:01 PM, Billytheyid said:

Did you ever solve mystery I have exactly 

same problem 

Anyone come across chrysler GV 2007 indicator/hazard lights flashing on dash but nothing outside at bulbs. 
Changed fuse box , body control module, indicator switch and cleaned the earths , you can hear the little relay in the dash when the display lights flash on and off, any one had this before