Known Issues And Faults

T14086

Question

11 answers to this question

Had the recall done on mine for the headlights, and now the will not switch off. Light stalk has been changed and ecu updated again, now car is sat there in pieces as this has not fixed the problem and the need to keep the car until they can correct it. :( No time scale for the fix yet.

Hi looking for some help I had to jump start my 63 plate upsilon the other day as it would not start for sum unknown reason but noticed my cd/radio has went off and not turning on I am looking to check fuse but looking at the users manual is confusing me can anyone tell me were the radio fuse is located thanks for any help

Hi, just joined the forum as I saw you mention an issue here and I've been struggling to find information.

We have a 12 reg Red Black addition that is my wife's car, and it's been a great thing so far. She loves the looks (and the colour) and they are relatively rare. But recently we have been having an issue with the boot lock failing to release on occasion.

I notice above that it's listed as a known issue, so do you have any more information on this ? Has anyone here had the issue and what's the cause and solution ?

I reached out to my local dealer in Chelmsford and they want £140 to even look at the car, before any parts or further fixes. Now I have no issue spending the money to have it fixed, but the last thing I want is to put it into the stealer and have them say, no issue. I would like to be armed with the information.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Good morning I have a 13 plate ypsilon got a strange noise coming from gearbox mainly in 1,2,3 sound similar to a flat tyre but now I’ve notice fluid slowly leaking please help me with your knowledge if you know fiats want stupid money just to look, absolutely love my car apart from gearbox cable going I’ve had no problems in 4 years

2012 Red and Black with the headlight failing issue

annoyed because there was a recall on this in 2015, which we missed, and now Stoneacre want nothing to do with it

so I guess I will be doing it myself....

can anyone confirm whether it is definitely the indicator stalk replacement? They look to cost more than a hundred quid so I'd rather not be experimenting for the sake of it.

The boot lock meanwhile lol

thanks

On 5/3/2014 at 11:28 AM, T14086 said:

Known issues;

Headlights turning off by themselves

Broken front springs

Boot not opening

Poor radio reception

My neighbours car Im working on has the headlights stuck on issue. Replaced the column stalks from a used eBay part - issue still exits.

Connecting to MES, the faults that come up are cruise control stalk failure (doesn’t have one) and lights in AUTO (doesn’t have it). I’ve somewhere got the Ypsilon wiring diagram and it says these are resisted earth switches, so my logic would say dash earth, however I’ve cleaned them and the fault remains.

My MiTo has a similar problem with the DRLs flickering - no faults except serial LIN line. Can’t both have bad dash earths surely?

Hi I’ve got a 62 plate Chrysler upsilon which I bought dec 2022. The problem is my key won’t start the engine and isn’t being recognised. I have looked on you tube and disconnecting the negative terminal on my battery for 5 mins seems to reset and allow me to start my engine. This has now happened 3 times in 2 weeks and another dangerous fault occurred when I was driving the fuel cut of and stopped the car moving and I drifted over to the side of the road. Has this happened to anyone else and do you know what need to be done to fix this? Any help would be appreciated.