Rubber Boot Stops Going Through Your Paint.

Newdelta

Question

Does anyone else's boot stops wear through their paint.

I had my worn areas repainted last year and they have done it again!

Is there an alternative stop available as at the moment I am using vinyl stickers but they only last about 6 months before the stops eat through them.

10 answers to this question

http://s30.postimg.org/totjgokwh/WP_20140814_002.jpg

Not the best as I have put a bit of new paint with new stickers on today but you can see where it has already indented.

The other side gets worse but I have put a part of a mobile phone protector on that side on top of the sticker and that is holding up better tonight.

Mine have some small marks, but not as much as yours. I don't have my Delta avaliable right now so I cant check, but the rubber stoppers that make the marks can be easily adjusted? Isnt it just rubber screws (like on the hood)? Maybe its a bit to tight, try to screw them a bit further in.

Mine have some small marks, but not as much as yours. I don't have my Delta avaliable right now so I cant check, but the rubber stoppers that make the marks can be easily adjusted? Isnt it just rubber screws (like on the hood)? Maybe its a bit to tight, try to screw them a bit further in.

They are screwed in to the maximum.

Any updates on this? I checked mine and they are actually worse than yours! Paint skimmed off the surface. I'll see how it goes and apply some paint to prevent any corrosion...

Hi,

Repaint is the only option, but mobile phone screen protectors seem to work well. Just cut them to shape.