Bad Gearbox Mount?

karmannski

Question

11 answers to this question

I might be wrong but that sounds totally normal.

When you put it in park and take your foot off the brake there will be some movement.

Hiya, if when you do the above, with the engine running or not, without using the handbrake, then it is completely normal.

The way the "P" position works is a mechanical "pawl" or plunger into a "toothed slot"  inside the gearbox, and there will be a little play, so the car will move slightly.

However, if you mean that the engine / car shake when you turn it off, I presume it might be "running on" after the ignition is killed, but no idea why the car would move, it shouldn't.

Ok, 

THERMOSTAT - what a horible job to do on that car!!!!  :angry:   HATE

10am-7pm on my own + service and 2 belts

(btw for the power st. belt you need this tool LASER belt strecher)

But it is done now tested, no leaks looks good, good TEMP etc. 

Anyway I find out why my engine is rocking when I turn it off or start. 

My gearbox dieed back in January in Belgium, and I had it repaired by the "Re-Engineered Transmissions" from Essex charged me £1600

And this is why - becouse they decided that ONE bolt on the box bracket will do the job!!!  :angry:    

Had to stop puting things together and need to find two bolts tomorow to go there. 

Can any one help me and tell me the spec of them?  Please... need car for monday!

post-1856-0-20312500-1500151245_thumb.jpg

post-1856-0-95312500-1500151252_thumb.jpg

Right then that would explain the rather strange behaviour!

Blooming experts again hey, without attention to detail! Ruddy clowns.

And you obviously did the stat job the full way - brave man. I hope you knew about the wiper scuttle being removed for access? Helps a lot with rear spark plugs on the petrols' too.

And the dog looks a gorgeous fella ( or girl!)

Edited by bignev

Right then that would explain the rather strange behaviour!

Blooming experts again hey, without attention to detail! Ruddy clowns.

And you obviously did the stat job the full way - brave man. I hope you knew about the wiper scuttle being removed for access? Helps a lot with rear spark plugs on the petrols' too.

And the dog looks a gorgeous fella ( or girl!)

Yes, wiper scuttle was the 1st thing I took off in order to acces Thermostat. 

The only thing I broke was the bracket attached to the Thermostat and intake plastic pipe that was supporting fuel lines. It was inpossible for me to reach that 13mm nut got to live without it. 

I wish I will never have to do that ever again. 

Missing Gearbox bracket bolts Update : I found the fellow 40miles away that brakes one. So hopefully will put everything back together and the engine will stop rocking. 

In terms of the job that was carried by Re-enginering Transmition from Essex, it is still under waranty but I'm not going there (100miles) just to pu two bolts. Dont know what to do about them, I paid them £1600 for the job and this is unaceptable. Any recomendations in order how to get compensation from them? 

Thanks.