Chrysler Parts Problem

Blackbird

I own a 2008 Grand Voyager Limited, unfortunately I have recently noticed that the front of the vehicle appears to be low compared with a similar vehicle owned by a friend. I suspected that the front coil springs were getting tired and so decided to replace them. However before ordering them I decided to check with Chrysler what the measurement between the top of the front wheel arch and he ground should be, this hopefully would confirm my suspicions about the springs. It took Chrysler two days to inform me that no such data was available but they did give me a measurement for the overall height and this appeared to confirm that the springs required replacement. On contacting my local dealer, it was no surprise to be informed that they had none in stock, just a shock as to the retail price of £83.00 + VAT each. On placing the order I subsequently received a phone call informing me that there were no springs in the country and they would have to be ordered from abroad, and they could not give me any idea as to when the springs would arrive. 

What sort of customer service is that! Obviously I am less than impressed with this after sales service ans it will certainly have an influence of what I eventually replace the vehicle with?

Edited by Blackbird

Hi Blackbird - sorry to hear about that experience.

I had a look through our normal suppliers list - and the cheapest I could find was £74 (inc vat) - however they were out of stock too :(

I'll keep looking for you, but does seem they're quite rare...

• 2 weeks later...

This is true for so many of the GV parts. Very expensive and more often than not ordered on request. I had to replace the front handbrake cable a couple of months back and that cost me £65 +VAT. Only available from a dealer on order, and an oil cooler again best part of £400.

Update on previous post.

It is now 20th. August and I have just been informed by Hatfields in Sheffield that the earliest the springs will be despatched from Italy is 23rd August. That will mean that I will be lucky to receive them by the end of the month.

I am totally dissatisfied with the Chrysler spare parts situation and I have already started to look for a suitable vehicle replacement. No prizes for guessing that Chrysler is not in the running.