Washer Hose To Rear Window.

gordy

Question

Might be a hard one this as if your rear window wash is working ok its nothing to bother about until it doesn't. It's not an MOT failure but mine doesn't work. Findings so far are when you press to wash window the liquid gathers in the floor body recess below the handbrake. So there must be a split in the rubber hose below drivers feet where recess continues. Problem is how or what is the route of the hose between handbrake and pump in offside wheel well. The alternative is to run a plastic small bore tube from the pump, through the body sections to the boot area. Anyone did this repair.

4 answers to this question

Well, I FINALLY managed to get into the car long enough to look at a couple of niggles, including this one.

Cheers @@gordy for your advice, spot on pal, put the tube back on the valve and it's like magic - water on the rear window, outside, not in the boot carpet!!!

Now if I can get at it again in the next few days I will fit my new indicator / wiper stalk to cure the non - self cancelling function. I fitted a second hand one a while ago but the problem's back. Only had the stalk a couple of months.......