Grand Voyager Leaking Air Con Fluid Drivers Side Rear Wheel Arxh

steviec2000

Question

Hi, I have a leak in the air conditioner pipe that leads to the rear of my 2005 Chrysler Grand Voyager (drivers side wheel arch), it's a 3.3l petrol and I live in South Yorkshire. It was recently regassed and worked fine for a few days, then warm air again. A leak was detected in a pipe near the rear of the car (has independent rear air con), near the rear wheel arch. I'm after a repair that wont cost the earth. Or alternatively to block the rear pipe so that only air conditioning comes out of the front so the leak doesn't drain the system.

I've contacted many people I've seen on the internet and no one seem interested.

Has anyone had a similar repair (if so how much) or know of anywhere that would undertake such a job?

Thanks

7 answers to this question

Hiya pal!

Yes I had mine fixed last year - the same job exactly.

I found one guy at a breakers who had them, for £90, and the courier destroyed them on the way to me, didn't actually bother dropping them off, left a card and returned to sender, in half.

Contact the spares guys at Pentagon Barnsley,not all that far from you I guess, for a very important collection! I got the set of pipes from them. 01226 323050

They emailed me the parts picure to confirm it was what we needed, extremely helpful guys.

All 4 - Air Con and heater - from rear to drivers foot area, were £165!! Had to order in but they only took 3 days.

For the Stow n Go 2005  The part number is K05189882AA, and rather strangely it's called a "cable harness". That info is from the parts sticker from the pipes - so no doubts.

They are rather long, and very awkward to fit. the front nuts were a bugger to undo, my AC guy couldn't do it, in a garage with all the tools, so I used the heating engineer method and very carefully cut the nut at each side and split it, only aluminium. Took me half an hour under the car on the floor. So don't believe them if "it can't be done".

The problem with blanking any refrigerant pipes off is the danger of the oil collecting at that point and then not lubricating the compressor.

Hope they can help you out steviec2000!

Edited by bignev