Hid Headlights

Stevec0268

Question

I am having problems with my HID lights and looking at them looks like the previous owner just through them on and left the ballasts just hanging behing the from bumper.  Because of this the plugs to them have worked loose and the seals haven't worked as hey should and they have become absolutely soaked and are starting to fail.

To save time and hassle I am going to get a new kit and fit myself properly, I have two questions on doing this:

1) Where is the best place to mount the ballast for each light.

2) What temperatue bulb have others found to be the best, was thinking of going for then 8000K but have been told that the visable light deterioates once you go above 6000K

Thanks in advance.

Steve

23 answers to this question

Hi there, yep ebay is a great place for a new cheap kit.

I got my ballasts bolted with the top headlamp mount bolt.

I went for 4300k as they say thats closest to the OEM stuff, natural daylight output, as I wanted maximum light on the road.

Superb lighting on Scottish unlit fast roads, could only just tell the high beam xenons were on!

Haven't used the 6000k so couldn't compare the driving experience between the 2 though.

Cheers

Nev

HI Daz!

You did recommend them when we were chatting about me doing my van, but as I've had technical problems with that (bulbs too long - metal shroud in way) not yet got those working so can't compare them yet.

The ones on yours do look very white light!!

I presume they "pierce" the dark ahead very well indeed!

What's really wierd is when I back my GV onto the drive, the way they light up a neighbours front lawn and tree trunk is really very much like daytime.

I am very interested to see what my van's like when I finally get it sorted, most likely over the Christmas break.

And its blooming cheap enough to get some replacement bulbs hey!!!!

Nev