cruise control

seagoon

Question

Hi everyone a

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL ;)

I have just fitted the steering wheel controls that includes the cruise control can anyone advise me on connecting to the ECU using Multiecuscan ?

the wiring was there and I connected all the wiring back in its proper place, I would like to know is there a specific way to get the cruise control to work ?

I have not tried has yet and I thought it better to ask rather than take a chance with the ECU

Any help would be appreciated

Regards Dave

3 answers to this question

Cruise control isn't on the steering wheel, it's on the second stalk on the left side.  Is that what you've installed?  It also needs a signal from the switches on the brake & clutch, obviously all cars have a brake switch but if your car didn't come with CC have you got a switch on the clutch?  Do you have stop/start? 

Edited by Deltamike

Hi, thanks for your reply, yes I fitted the cc with the 3rd stalk on the steering column, it does not have start/stop. What I wanted to know basically does the Multiecuscan have the ability to program in the CC, has of now I have not tried it but Im going to have a go right now and I will let you know and anyone else who may be interested

in changing the steering column controls,   Im now 76 and a long drive like going to my daughters in Scotland, does not do me any favours the right foot tends to go into limp mode :)

I will be in touch

Regards Dave

On 1/2/2024 at 1:04 PM, Deltamike said:

Cruise control isn't on the steering wheel, it's on the second stalk on the left side.  Is that what you've installed?  It also needs a signal from the switches on the brake & clutch, obviously all cars have a brake switch but if your car didn't come with CC have you got a switch on the clutch?  Do you have stop/start? 

Hi Deltamike, I connected the Multiecuscan found the cruise control module I turned the dashboard light to on, and thats it took it for a drive and it works perfectly

I tried at different speeds and no problem, the clutch and brake controls  to switch off the CC ALL WORK WITHOUT ANY INPUT TO THE ECU

I am very pleased with it

Regards Dave

PS I have to now find the bottom plastic cover for the steering column