Hard Acceleration Causing Eml To Come On.

ryden

Question

2003 Chrysler grand voyager 2.5L Trubo - CRD - 105k

When accelerating hard at roughly 60-70mph engine warning light comes on ( Can accelerate to red line through gears until 60-70mph is reached. Then light comes on) 

• Cleaned boost pressure sensor - was heavily gummed up. ( Before cleaning the light would come on with hard acceleration at lower speeds.) I am going to replace sensor as a precaution.

Just wondering if anyone has any further input on this issue? ( will keep post updated).

8 answers to this question

Update:-

After chatting with a friend ( mechanic) and some fault finding, the issue was sourced back to a seized waste gate valve and failed waste gate actuator.

This created excess pressure at higher speed/revs and the fact it wasn't being relieved, caused the engine to activate limp mode to stop it blowing itself up essentially.

After replacing the waste gate actuator and freeing the waste gate, I can report the cars performance has returned. All is working as should.

Appreciate everyone's input otherwise

Edited by ryden

post-935-0-85010900-1449103086_thumb.jpg

Have you checked what code the cars diagnostic system brings up as well? ( mines P0235)

Fitted another sensor. Will be test driving tomorrow.

UPDATE

Sensor not at fault. Will be testing voltage readings and possible waste gate actuator at fault.

Also been told perished, cracked or incorrectly fitted hoses/piping can cause leaks and bring up the issue.

Edited by ryden

Hi the problem is with your injectors. Mine did this and eventually the car kept stalling. Took it to garage they diagnosed 3 injectors. 4th one was eventually replaced. I would replace all 4. Aa brc covers injectors.

Sheen1 am if the car is still driveable does AA BRC still pay for any work done? I thought it has to break down first?

Thing is i waited for mine to eventually breakdown. It did on a really long drive just 66 miles short of inverness. It just wouldnt restart. The garage diagnosed an injector. Brc paid. Then a few months later another two injectors failed. Aa brc paid for them again. I think you have to just wait untill the car starts misfiring and will shut down every few yards. Thats the time to call aa. They will cover it but like you said only when you keep stalling. You wont be able to claim for the first 15 days. But make sure you have service records as they can object to paying if not serviced at least every 6 months. Its excellent cover for £19.00 pet month

They have shelled out over £2000 on my car in 2 years. Its fantastic cover anf these cars need it.