Lpg Tank Location- Stow And Go

steviec2000

Question

Hi, I've just bought a 2005 LTD XS stow and go model 3.3l petrol model.

I'm about to have an LPG conversion, can any share where they had the tank or tanks fitted?

I want to keep my boot space and be able to fold my seats into the floor. Which I think leaves only under the car, I want to carry the maximum amount of gas, I'm bring told a 35l tank is my lot in the spare wheel well.

My question is, has anyone managed to fit a larger tank or multiple tanks?

Thanks

11 answers to this question

Hi Steve!

We've got the same car, same year!

Had a BRC system fitted back in August, took it to the guys who did the "LPG Tech" conversion on our 2002 one (still got it).

Panache, in Ardwick, Manchester.

After trying various tanks they got a 50 ish litre under, spare wheel space, and a 35 litre in one of the mid seat floor areas.

So yes I can't stow away the passenger side seat, but it still tilts up.

And of course don't forget they only fill to about 80% of tank capacity.

Works great so far, around 3000 miles already! Been on holidays a lot!!

Hope thats helpful

Nev

At Manchester prices it's £1500. (single tank - as big as he can fit)

I had an "LPG TECH" system fitted to our 2002 one at £1200, over 3 years ago now and around 26,000 miles.

Early gas leak problems were caused by different hose sizes to the norm, but they sorted it.

What is very strange is that the LPG Tech kit warns you when it's out of gas with a few beeps, then when you "gas" it up knows it and switches back again.

Yet the superior BRC warns you, has to be silenced, but doesn't automatically switch back over, when filled.

I bought my car with the conversion already done so don't know about costs

Mine switches over automatically and beeps when it's empty, the gauge on it is next to useless so I reset the trip every fill up, I can get between 70 and 80 ltr in mine but once it's over 50 odd ltr it takes forever to full (usually give up at about 60)

Oh yes the gauges are garbage, either of mine go off "full" after about 20 miles.

And show it's almost empty at around 100 miles, usually with another 100 to 140 to go!!

My older one with single tank fills up fine and slows as the pressure gets close to the filling station presure - which varies depending on how full their tanks are and very much with temperature.

But the one with 2 tanks does the same as Semmysonic's, gets quite slow with a fair bit of gas to go in yet.