Fuel Tank Size

nathanevans

Question

Hi,

I've got (or should I say the wife has) a 06 diesel auto grand voyager stow and go. The problem(?) I have noticed is that filling it up only take around 50-55 litres of fuel and I thought the tanks on these were 75 odd litres? Can anyone enlighten me or does anyone think that for some unknown reason a previous owner could have had the tank replaced for a smaller capacity (although god knows why).

Thanks in advance,

Nath

4 answers to this question

Unless your fuel gauge / warning light are pessimistic for some reason.

I wouldn't want to risk it on your diesel (mine's petrol - LPG), but if you carried a couple of 5 litre cans of diesel with you and ran till it stopped, then filled it, that would confirm it.

I wouldn't risk that though, I don't know but should guess bleeding the fuel through would be a git. Unless of course it's really really bugging you then if you have it you could call your breakdown cover to get it running again.

My Renaul Master Van has a 100 litre tank, but for the first 2 years it thought it had a 60 litre one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Light would come on and I would fill up with around 55 litres to the top!!!!!