Sorry, I'm getting old and rambling. What happened was .............
(1) In order to stop the battery discharging due to it standing and not being used, I bought a 'dis-connecting clamp' for the Battery.
(2) That all worked fine for a couple of weeks (i.e. every time I was back home I disconnected it) until I left the car for about a week 'disconnected'.
(3) As soon as I reconnected the Battery, the Alarm went off. It kept going off whether the Battery was connected or not, and whatever I did to the fob made no difference. By then as people were coming out their houses I started pulling fuses and relays until it stopped, which it did when the 'pink 30A fuse 'came out.
(4) I then put all the fuses and relays back in (apart from the 'pink 30A') and the car started, stopped, i.e it ran okay (Hence Post 7 says "With everything else back in place except the pink 30A it all seems to run OK now"). However the words 'run OK now' is limited to the fact that the car works, to be honest I've not fully checked everything it can do, so there could be a 'feature' or two that isn't working (cos pink 30A isn't in).
(5). Because 'modern' cars are so inter dependant on their electronics (i.e. the reversing lamp bulb blows so the compass stops working) I have the concern of what other damage I might be inadvertently causing by continuing to use the car with the pink 30A fuse missing.
(6) It could be that if I now put that fuse back in everything would be fine, but so I don't piss off the neighbourhood with my alarm belting out I'd sooner leave it out unless, as I say, its going to cause further damage to the car further down on the line.
(7) All this happening lead to my question as to is there a way I can 'silence' the alarm permanently (and then put the pink 30A back in).
Hopefully, you're now up to speed, or fallen asleep
For Mr Qinteq, thanks for the links, I am going through them to see if I can ascertain what else that Fuse does, and to see if I can shut the Alarm up permanently, but it could take some time .
Edited by maxcaddy, 23 May 2020 - 11:57 AM.