Wheels

Dazandtrace

Question

2 answers to this question

Hi Daz,

Yep chuffing huge 20" if you want to trash the ride quality!!!!

I got a great deal on 18" from a local supplier in Stockport, £650 wheels and tyres, fitted. The tyre model I have is the Accelera PH1 - R

Motorsport Wheels, Whitehill Industrial Estate.

It still drives beautifully. And they don't actually look that big on the car.

Now I realise tyres are very subjective and personnal, and until I spoke to a mate of mine who put me on to these guys 3 years ago, I would never have considered "Accelera" on my car.

However, in all weathers, for 24,000 miles on my 02 plate 3.3, (17" package, Accelera Alpha, same supplier) and 4000 miles in our 05 3.3, on these, they are totally fine.

They are not "ditch finders" nor are they the best thing on the planet for your Ferrari, but they work well on my heavy bus.

Might well be rubbish on a light car - but that ain't a Grand Voyager!

They don't last quite as long, but they are less than half the money.

They don't readily lock up in the wet.

And on the way back from holiday stopped a fully loaded GV rapidly in the face of a half wit on the wrong side of the road up hill towards us. We were doing 60mph, down hill, full of kit. No drama.

Edited by bignev

Hi ya iv used accelera tyrrs before without any problem. I'll have to take a look round for wheels as theres alot out there to choose from. The iher thing id like to do is lower car. Front doesn't seem a problem but rear being leaf spring well im not to sure about that. But someone might have info on that