my tyre sensor (front left) has stopped working

CaptainChaos

Question

and the warning is showing on the dashboard.  I know the tyre is at the correct pressure, however all I get on the warning is " -- "   How Do I reset this please?  On line, it tells me to go through the on-board computer, but I've tried all options and nothing works

Help please

2 answers to this question

On 3/20/2023 at 9:09 PM, CaptainChaos said:

and the warning is showing on the dashboard.  I know the tyre is at the correct pressure, however all I get on the warning is " -- "   How Do I reset this please?  On line, it tells me to go through the on-board computer, but I've tried all options and nothing works

Help please

The TPMS valve in the wheel has a battery life of around 8-10 years, so I have been told, however one of mine has gone and my GV is a 2008, so well over the 8-10 years.

Anyway you can't reset it with the in car onboard settings, the only way you can reset the warning light, is if you have an OBD II diagnostic tool with multi-system access to read and reset codes, the best way would be to change the TPMS valve, but you would still need to put the system into learning mode to reset it.

I have a TopDon Artidiag800BT which is able to do both, I'm sure many other makes are available.

Good luck.