Blue & Me Module?

Henrythewasp

Question

I have a 2014 1.2 petrol Chrysler Ypsilon Gold. Can anyone tell me where the Blue & Me Module is please so I can disconnect it or get it repaired. Is there a fuse I can take out? Where is it? I have lost Bluetooth and all Blue & Me functions, steering wheel hand controls not working, flashing mileage, unresponsive USB port and constant flat battery. Please help! 

Edited by Henrythewasp
Model correction

3 answers to this question

Hi

It is situated in the driver's side footwell on the outside and is held in place by 4 x 8mm hex nuts but you also need to remove the 10mm bolt holding the frame in place to give you enough movement to slide the unit off the fixed studs, highlighted by the yellow arrow.  Take care with the blue connector, the black latch holding it in is a good design to ensure accurate location, and does not need any force to remove or replace it.  You can still use the car when the Blue & Me unit is removed.

Once you've got it out send it to Revtronic in Bradford who will repair it as opposed to Fiat who want £800+ for a replacement.  Give them a call & I think it's £95 plus P&P.  As it's your unit repaired the car should recognise it and not need a subsequent proxy alignment procedure, though that isn't that much of an issue.  If you look here at this Alfa he puts a replacement one in which gets the Blue&me functional again but the miles still flash because the Canbus system doesn't recognise the unit.

Blue & Me unit.jpg

Yes that’s for an Ypsilon. Specifically in this case, a 2012 1.2 Limited. Hopefully yours is the same!

The Delta has it behind the dash above the glove box. Other Fiat/Alfas can be elsewhere like Panda under seat & 500 in rear quarter.

Edited by Deltamike
Added model specifics