Service park assist & electric mirrors

Mycheath

Question

Hi all, I’ve recently purchased a 2008 voyager 2.8 crd executive. Absolutely wonderful car only two things I seem to be having trouble with.

My first is the electric mirrors, neither side works. The power fold works perfectly I just can’t adjust them, is there a fuse or relay? I’ve tried looking it up but can’t seem to find the right answer.

The second is the old service park assist system message on the overhead display.

I know to check if the sensors are dirty but the car is cleaned once a week. Any ideas what to look for? I can turn it on and off but it makes no difference, the LEDS in the boot door are constantly red. 

All advice will be great, thanks in advance - Michael

6 answers to this question

Assuming this is a late registered Mk 4, there is only one relay feeding the mirrors(according to the workpoo manual (no did not spell it wrong), if it's a Mk 5 then don't know.

Possibility the switch is at fault. Tried to upload an image from the manual but 18.iKb doesn't permit !

With respect to the park assist suggestion 1 - remove battery negative lead for 10 minutes... 2- clean each sensor individually with soapy water ?

Hi Richard, yes it was a late registered MK4, that’s fine mate have you got a link to it? Where is the relay located? I’ve cleaned all the sensors but still got the same message, I’ll give that a try as well. Was recommended removing one at a time and seeing what happens to the fault so will give that a whirl as well and see if I have any luck! Thanks mate

Ther is no relay for the mirrors only a fuse (No. 18.. 15A

Mirrors (if you have memory seats there is another controller buried somewhere (under the seat ?)

ah hah - Remove the appropriate seat from the vehicle
and place it on a clean work surface, (Refer to 23 -
BODY/SEATS/SEAT - REMOVAL).
(3) Remove the Memory Seat/Mirror Module
(MSMM) mounting fasteners (if equipped).

SWITCH CONNECTOR
12 Volts Ground MIRROR REACTION
    Right Left
PIN 12 PIN 6   UP
PIN 7 PIN 6   Left
Pin6 Pin 12   Down
Pin 6 Pin 7   Right
PIN 13 Pin 1 Up  
Pin8 Pin 1 Left  
PIN 1 Pin 13 Down  
PIN 1 Pin 8 Right  

refer to Mirror connector switch image attached - Using two jumper wires: