How many fuel filters in the Grand Voyager 2.8CRD?

Fiona

Question

I am now on my 3rd GV. I have a 2007 Stow n Go. I am now facing the engine cut out problem when revving near 3000 rpm that Ive had with my other two GV's which were 2.5CRD. I know these had two filters, the screw on type near the engine and the paper type near the tank. Every time I try to find filters for the 2007 2.8CRD I can only find the screw on type. is this correct? And on another topic, where and what type are the three non-return valves in the fuel line?

Thanks in anticipation.

4 answers to this question

There's only one fuel filter on the 2.8 and the housing is prone to failure both on the heater feed (melts the connector) and the manual primer pump on the top. AS far as I can tell there are NO non return valves in the fuel feed despite the w.s. manual, I may be proved wrong but mine certainly doesn't have any.

On 11/16/2022 at 4:35 PM, RichardM said:

There's only one fuel filter on the 2.8 and the housing is prone to failure both on the heater feed (melts the connector) and the manual primer pump on the top. AS far as I can tell there are NO non return valves in the fuel feed despite the w.s. manual, I may be proved wrong but mine certainly doesn't have any.

Thanks for the advice.

On 11/16/2022 at 4:51 PM, Fiona said:

I am now on my 3rd GV. I have a 2007 Stow n Go. I am now facing the engine cut out problem when revving near 3000 rpm that Ive had with my other two GV's which were 2.5CRD. I know these had two filters, the screw on type near the engine and the paper type near the tank. Every time I try to find filters for the 2007 2.8CRD I can only find the screw on type. is this correct? And on another topic, where and what type are the three non-return valves in the fuel line?

Thanks in anticipation.

I suggest you check the fuel pump first. Common problem with these engines.  In my case all other plausible reasons for cutting out were tried out first. Major mistake! Cutting out is as simple as fuel shortage or lack of fuel when  accelerating. Just remove the pump and let a diesel expert have a look, can be repaired mostly, not replaced:)