07 2.8 Diesel Engine Warning Light - On Holiday

wherry

Question

Hi

I hope someone can advise us: we drove down to the south of France yesterday in our 2007 Grand Voyager 2.8 crd. Going down a mountain with lots of traffic we noticed a burning smell ( I thought it was rubbery, my wife thought it was electrical) then the amber engine warning light came on and has stayed on.

As the garages around here were closed over the weekend we kept the car and used it on a few brief local journeys and there hasn't been anymore smells, but the Amber light has stayed on.

Any ideas what could be up? There don't seem to be any Chrysler dealers around here (near Montepllier) and I'm looking to see if there are Jeep dealers, but I'm hoping that the problem was just to do with the engine getting overworked coming down the mountain in traffic - I was braking a lot.

Many thanks

9 answers to this question

Hm,

Those codes don't make much sense unfortunately. Normally the codes are PXXXX where the X's are numeric digits. No dot in them or anything, so I'm really puzzled by the output you got.

Perhaps try key dance again and make sure it's giving the same values.

I'm assuming you've done the usual checks for water, oil, fluids, etc, and nothing seems amiss?

Also is yours an automatic? Lots of downhill were you mainly using the brakes or did you force the auto box into low to use engine braking to help you?