Coolant leak on a Chrysler GV 2007 2.8CRD 57 reg.

Fiona

Question

I have a coolant leak underneath the drivers side. Its dripping at a bracket of two black pipes. I cant get to a garage for four weeks but I need my car, Ive looked in the 2.5CRD manual as I have had three GV's but I cannot find what these two black pipes are for. If its the Webasto Ill get under it with axle stands and put in a radiator hose bridge as a temporary repair. So my question is - is it the webasto pipe? Two pipes come down from the engine move to the rear on the drivers side and have a bracket holding them just under the drivers seat.

Edited by Fiona

3 answers to this question

On 8/25/2022 at 9:18 PM, gordy said:

Yes sounds like webasto heater. Èither tighten clip  and recheck leak. Replace clips. Or cut out leaking part of hose. Clamp hose to stop coolant coming out on repair.

Bang on the money. I tried loads of selant etc. In the end I took it to the garage who cut off the rusty pipes and inserted rubber hose. It took him 7 hours labour. Its fine now. The exhaust was manged but its OK now.

Edited by Fiona