Delta Exhaust Replacement/Upgrade - 1.6D

Zac

Question

Hello ALL,

Hope someone can help me with a recent issue I picked up with my 2012 Chrysler Delta 1.6D.

I've recently found that the heat shield on my Chrysler Delta 1.6D has come off (loose and hanging) and that the backbox Is rusted (I'm guessing an advisory on my upcoming MOT as not a only corrosion and no leak) and now beginning to rattle slightly when idle.

To my surpise, my local Chrysler dealer has told me that its impossible to get a replacement backbox in the UK and they have to source it from Italy with a 2 month wait!

I therefore decided to try and find an aftermarket performance backbox/exhaust as an upgrade to replace the former rusted backbox exhaust. I'm struggling to find one that I know will fit so wanted to ask if anyone knows what aftermarket exhaust I should be looking for or recommend one that can easily be welded on???

Thanks in advance for any advice on this

2 answers to this question

Similar issues with both of my Deltas. Heat shield is not a MOT requirement, mine passed without them.

I secured the rattling back box with wire which still holds today.

Keep an eye out for Bravo back box sales as deltamike says, found one for £36 and replaced it. Mechanic mentioned that the brackets were a little high but were easily bent to hold the bravo back box without issue.