#1 verlio

verlio

L Plates

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Locationsurrey

Posted 23 June 2021 - 08:50 AM

Our 2010 Grand Voyager had a burst pipe and the garage who replaced it can't work out why the fan is not switching to fast.  Local Main Dealer wont' touch the car due to the age, and local garage thinks it may be beyond his skill set !  Help !

#2 Perrymgbv8

Perrymgbv8

L Plates

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationMilto Keynes

Posted 23 June 2021 - 06:56 PM

I seem to remember that the fan switch for the AC condenser is at the rear of the engine on the left hand side (Drivers side)

I did a job last year that meant I have to unplug this. After the job, the fan would not run. I had managed to put the plug on wrong. I turned the plug and re fitted it. All working fine. Its on the smaller of the 2 ac pipes which is the hot one. That's how I know where this switch is.

I cant remember the pin configuration, but linking the two correct wires in the plug should make the fan run at high speed. That's all I can say at the moment. I will be looking for a leak on my AC maybe this weekend. I will re check this when I get to my car. 

Perry

#3 bignev

bignev

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts
  • LocationSouth Manchester

Posted 25 June 2021 - 01:18 PM

Hi there!
How and where is the pressure being measured?
Having had problems in the past, if the AC is off, and the reading is taken at the port where a DIY can of refrigerant gas would be connected, then it could be around 5 bar.
When I checked this against my other car and van, that's correct.
The fans are cleverly controlled, and it would appear will only go to high speed if necessary, I hardly ever hear my Subaru fans go high, they must move plenty of air on low or medium!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users