2006 2.8 Glx Dashboard Backing Lamps

missingmallorca

Question

HI, I am new around here as I've recently bought my first Voyager, I say first because I am very pleased with its versatility for both the school run and for hauling my bands gear. One little niggle is that I have no backing lights on the heater controls or headlamp switch. Can anyone guide me is it and easy fix ? Thanks.

23 answers to this question

Hi guys, was there a good outcome with this thread?

I have a 2006 GV and it’s been bothering me that there’s no illumination for the headlights switch / control panel.

Does anyone know whether there is actually bulbs for illumination or could it be a fuse or maybe there is no illumination on this age car?

Cheers guys

Hey up Robbie!

That's correct this year does not have illuminated headlight switch - nuts isn't it!

If you can find an old model version, as I did, then it can be sorted to work.

The wiring loom is different (I had both cars to compare side by side) so you need to loop a wire from one to an unused one on the newer version.

Make sure it comes with the holders and bulbs though!

If you get one I'll try to find time to take mine out and refresh the knowledge which wires it is.

I also swapped the sun visors because the old ones have 2 dimmable lights, and a pull out shade for the centre for sun glare.

Edited by bignev

Not got a part number, but within a couple of days I should be able to prise it out and get it while the Mrs isn't out in it.

Or I will possibly yank it from our pain in the arse other one, but the colour on that is beige not black. So it might be a different part number, as the other is black, and some are grey of course.

If the seller shows a pic of the back they are obvious if the bulbs are in, white plastic instead of holes!

They are from 2001 to 2005, but beware NOT the facelift model, some appeared in 2004!!

Just remembered the early ones are made in Mexico - it says so on it. However don't know for sure about the later ones ..........

Edited by bignev

Cheers @@bignev you’re a diamond! This forum and of course more so you guys in it are so helpful!

Just ordered one of those off the links you sent me, I can see what you mean by the white bulb holders instead of the blocked up holes! It’s just a matter of wiring it up when it comes now! It was pi&@ing me off not being able to see the controls in the dark! Lol.

Cheers guys especially @@bignev :-)

No worries pal!

I will try to take a picture of the wiring loop you need to put in to make it light up. The terminals are different on the 2 models of switch, but you only need one wire link between 2 terminals, took a bit of experimenting but I got there!

Edited by bignev

Okey dokey then - @robbie2red 

With the wiring connector fastening clip to the left,looking down on the wires from the car, link the nearest left (black with yellow stripe) and second nearest right wires.

Yes, on the newer car connector there is no outgoing wire in the right terminal.

It's easier if you release the plastic panel below it first, then attempt to reach up and under to release the 4 metal clips that hold the switch assembly in.

Edited by bignev

Put HID’s in today aswell. Put LED’s in all the interior lights last week. Really happy with the way she’s coming on.

Still trying to sort my suspension so that it’s better for me to get in and out, looks like I’m going to have to put the airbag suspension allround! :-/

Then LPG! It’s not cheap but I love my GV and it’s changed my independence hugely! Love it!

Hahaha! What do you think?! Lol. Went with most of the guys opinions on here in the end, and went with the 6k version! I was thinking of going to 5k but the guys comments on here persuaded me for the 6k! Lol. May have to go out for a spin tonight to test them! I had some before 6k on a Mercedes Sprinter I had, they were brilliant!