Instrument Cluster Removal

Wuvz

Question

I've recently bought an Ypsilon SE Twin Air and the centre display in the gauges is flickering - the display itself works but the lighting is intermittent so it's not always legible.  I'm assuming this is a dodgy contact somewhere but I'm not sure how to get the instrument cluster out of the dash without damaging it - I can't see any screws so assume it clips into place but given the quality of the plastics in that area I don't want to just attack it with a screwdriver or it'll probably never go back in.  Does anybody know the "proper" way of doing it?

2 answers to this question

On top of the dash, right in the centre on top of the central instrument panel is a semi-circular panel or cap that needs to be leavered off. It's just fastened in with plastic tabs and can be put back fine. Once to remove the it exposes the top of the whole dash cover Panel that stretches the top of the dash. At both ends similar plastic tabs used so slowly lever those up. Where the little cap you removed will show 5x torx screws, remove those and the central instrument panel is released. One single easy wire loom can then be released from the instrument panel.