Sliding Door

Mickyd

Hello everyone, thanks for accepting me to the group, have owned a Grand Voyager 2.8CRD 2006 for six moths now and very pleased so far.

I have one problem that has arisen in the last few days. The passenger sliding door has decided to open whenever it wants! I locked the car last week, when I went back the door was open, I’ve noticed the central locking is not working on the sliding doors so that’s another little job to sort, but again today, I put something in the back door and the sliding door opened and closed 4 or 5 times, then stopped closed, then a fe minutes later opened again.

I am baffled and haven’t a clue where to start!

Anyone had this or similar and maybe cause or solution.

Many thanks again.

Hi there and welcome aboard!

If we start with a very simple, not positively a cure but it's simple so let's give it a go thing. As you said sliding doors - both - aren't locking it probably isn't just one of the locking actuators.

So - remove the fuse in the fuse box in the engine bay marked IOD, Ignition Off Draw, for a good 30 minutes, and it just might possibly reset the Body Control Module.

It may not but it's worth a go.

Or pull the negative lead off the battery.

And it's better to post questions in the vehicle assistance sections as not all of us bother looking in all the sections!