Rear Passengers Feeling Sick

Semmysonic

Question

I'm here to pick peoples brains and get some ideas.

My kids keep complaining about feeling sick when sitting in the back row.

My gv drives OK and has recently passed an mot so not thinking there is a problem with the suspension.

Just wandering if anyone has any ideas of improvements that won't cost the earth.

5 answers to this question

Hiya pal!

If I remember rightly, yours is a petrol like mine so should have the rear climate system, are you using to maintain fresh air when they're in the back row?

But having sat in the 3rd row of hours on occasion with the Mrs driving, it isn't as comfortable as the front or middle, I definitely felt bounced about over bumps as you're sat on the axle.

Then again ours are only 6, and quite happy in the back as a novelty on occasion.

Howdy, yeah they complain even when the widows are open, I was thinking its because of being so far back in the car, was looking at changing the bumpstops and drop links for better quality ones see if that stops any wobble that might be there.

Don't really want to stiffen the ride as such just make it more stable I suppose

As an experiment do you have a partner / wife or other significant other / life sharer (you have to be so careful these days!) that could take it for a drive with you sat in the back row?

For you to try to gauge if there if is actually a problem with the car.

Or is it that the kids have reached an age that they get travel sick?

My Mrs says she was fine on their yearly drive down to Weymouth / Geurnsey from Stockport until she hit about 11, then suffered travel sickness really badly in the back of a car.