Obd11 Scanners

biscuit

Question

I have just purchased a BlueDriver Bluetooth scanner as the adverts claim it covers my van a 2006 2.8crd, guess what it wouldn’t even read the vin? So its gone back, I have looked through old posts but am confused [ normal for me] but can anyone suggest a scanner that actually works especially one that covers ABS, the local garage wants over £50.00 to read and tell me its got a fault not what’s wrong. Any help people?

7 answers to this question

Buy Delphi OBD Reader from eBay - Covers mine MK4 and MK5 Voyagers , and many more cars. 

Hi there what engine size is your grand as i got a deiphi from ebay and never did get it to connect to my 03 2.5 crd voyager but it connected to a vauxhall and bmw ok so i no it works ok.

Hi there what engine size is your grand as i got a deiphi from ebay and never did get it to connect to my 03 2.5 crd voyager but it connected to a vauxhall and bmw ok so i no it works ok.

MK4 was 2.8 CRD 

MK5 2.8 CRD 

Never tested in on 2.5 CRD but it should work fine. 

I've a DelphiWOW. 9/10 times its ComPort settings that means it does not connect.

Generally IMO there are diagnostic scanners and toys. Even a Delphi is a toy, but the reason the O/P is charged £50 a pop for a read is a good scanner is good money - so north of £500 for a grey and £1k for a Chinglese copy. So as karmannski says go Delphi or find some indi with an X431 or DS708 both of which scan MK4 codes.