Just A Thought, A Button To Shut The Boot?

Ben2802

Question

Has any one ever thought or done a button for shutting the boot? Getting the shopping out of the car tonight, wife had gone on inside already, fully laden with bags the keys were in my pocket and couldn’t get them out and wished there was a button to shut it. Or maybe a PIR sensor to wave my foot at to shut it. Probably won’t do it without some kind of guide as not to hot with doing electrics. Still trying to get the door working electrically. Done the wires in the track and couldn’t find a break. Would a button or motion sensor be possible considering the all the electics. Like I said. Just a thought.

13 answers to this question

On your sliding door problem, I don't know if they will, but for a test do the wiring assemblies swap left to right or are they slightly different connectors on the ends?

I am quite sure there is a difference of some sort, as they are a different part number, from when I bought mine.

Yep I agree, a button for the tailgate as per the side doors would have been very useful, but given all the wiring and ecu for it, it may be a complicated job.

Or it could be a doddle - jack into the wires for the overhead console switch? If there are only 2....... I have no idea.

Or not??!!

Edited by bignev

Yesterday hey must be dreaming no buttons. Thought I was on wrong forum, I'll try again today. Hey bignev your real aint you...Is it just mine or because I've a LTD edition, but I've got buttons for side doors and back door. I'm not going out to check either its raining. 

Big nev, that’s what I thought about getting the wires from the roof button. Still not looked into it properly but still fancy the PIR sensor as that solves the issue of having no hands free. Just move my foot under the bumper. Works do tomorrow, with free beer, so might investigate it more on Sunday while I recover. Might be an American version I can find seeing as they don’t like to move their bodies more than they need to. Never thought about swapping the cables round but will look into that as well. Thanks for all your insights.