98 Voyager 2.5Se Cold Starting

MikePinchard

Hi everybody and thanks for adding me to the group.

I have a problem with my 2.5SE when it comes to starting in cool/cold temperatures, when the outside temp drops below 20-25 degrees she wont start at all without a cable jump from my wifes car. During the summer months she starts first time every time. In the colder months as I said she needs a jump however, once started she will restart all day. Fuses etc all good, changed the diesel filter, checked for leaky injectors, heater plugs all good. The only thing I noticed is there is no continuity when I put a meter across the fuel heater under the filter. Any ideas please

Hi Mike, I have had a similar problem and found it was the battery. I know you probably have thought of it but I will tell you my story. I took the car to an auto part repair place and they tested the battery and said it was okey. I took it to the main dealer in Limoges and there super tester said the battery was faulty. There price was okey so they changed it but tried to charge for testing which I objected to because they didnt tell me in advance that there was a charge.I think the Chrysler Voyager battery is too small for the car. I have seen on You Tube super small pocket size batterys that would eliminate jumper cables for ever. I notice you are in France like me, any idea where I can obtain parts filters etc to service.

Hi, thanks for the reply and yes I suspected the battery at first but my local motor factor told me not to bother when I took it in as part exchange on a new one, he tested mine at no cost and said I was wasting money buying a new one. I get most of my parts(consumables) from Norauto or my local factor depending on price. My local can have them same day or day after. Norauto are good but I sometimes have to buy from their online shop as they don't stock many for voyager in store. Oscaro's not bad but can sometimes be a bit pricey. What region are you in if you don't mind me asking, I'm in Occitanie(Midi-Pyrenees)