Lights On Dash After Flat Battery.. Tcs-Abs-Esp-Sas

mdl274

Question

Hello Everyone ... I have a problem I had a flat battery when I left something on when car was parked in garage and when I returned the battery was completely flat no a flicker I then managed to get it started with a jump start and now I have these lights on dash TCS-ABS-EPS-SAS- Car runs but the lights stay on ? I did take it to a friend and he plugged his snap-on computer but it says no fault, I have been talking to a second friend of mine and said he new someone called Martin Duxs Hill that may be able to help  but I have been looking for him with no avail also been told Foxwells code reader may help  can any one shed any light what I can Try Thanks Steve Smith 

11 answers to this question

Hello Matt .... Sorry it's been so long car was done at Chrysler ( Fiat ) They did try just rebooting as you said but with no joy they then got on Chrysler and download and reinstall software all up and running with no problems now , out with polish now .. Thanks with the help you gave . Steve mdl274   

I would recommend parking the car somewhere safe, disconnect the battery for 15 minutes, then reconnect it and start the car up. That should reset the ECU and clear the corruption that occurred when the car was jump started.

Cars with lots of electrics like ours, hate being jump started, as the power surges that occur seem to mess everything up. Give it a try.

I would recommend parking the car somewhere safe, disconnect the battery for 15 minutes, then reconnect it and start the car up. That should reset the ECU and clear the corruption that occurred when the car was jump started.

Cars with lots of electrics like ours, hate being jump started, as the power surges that occur seem to mess everything up. Give it a try.

Hello Briscoe76 .... Thanks for the info I went out to try it with no luck  I have been told it needs to be re-booted as there is a com-issue on the car as the battery was completely flat and starting it with a jump start then taking the leads of right away the alternator went berserk , I am booked in at Chorley Auto Volks tomorrow at 14.00 fingers crossed. Thanks Steve 

Hello Briscoe76 .... Thanks for the info I went out to try it with no luck  I have been told it needs to be re-booted as there is a com-issue on the car as the battery was completely flat and starting it with a jump start then taking the leads of right away the alternator went berserk , I am booked in at Chorley Auto Volks tomorrow at 14.00 fingers crossed. Thanks Steve 

That's a shame it didn't work, its always worth trying these things though. Yeah sadly these cars hate being jump started. I had a Chrysler Voyager a few years back that did the same thing as yours has now. A right pain in the a*se!

Let us know how you got on, and what they did to cure it.

All the best

Matt.

That's a shame it didn't work, its always worth trying these things though. Yeah sadly these cars hate being jump started. I had a Chrysler Voyager a few years back that did the same thing as yours has now. A right pain in the a*se!

Let us know how you got on, and what they did to cure it.

All the best

Matt.

• Hello again ... I will let's hope it's not cost the earth ...!

Oh blimey, so did they have a go at resetting everything?

It may mean that your ECU needs to be reflashed with the original software due to it being corrupted, hence having to go somewhere else.

Ahh how simple life was, when we all drove Cortina’s lol.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers

Matt.

Hi,

I have a 300c (2007) its a long story with the same ending, I parked the car up for several months and the battery drained. I jump started it and it was fine except I now had three orange lights on, ABS, ESP/BAS and traction control.. I drove it for a few months like this till eventually giving it to a friend of my daughters garage to fix. Needless to say it sat in their yard for almost a year with nothing done to it. I finally got tired of chasing them and went and retrieved it myself. Lo & behold, not only do I still have all the lights on, it drove home in low gear pretty much the whole 7 miles home only changing up a gear very reluctantly when I was nearly home and wouldn't go above 30-35 mph. 

The mechanic told me it had a error code u140e which he couldn't clear and that it would have to go to the dealers to have the ABS/ECU "reflashed" wit a "Starscan" device..

I'm now desperately seeking help and/or guidance 

For some reason I can’t see tatebarrys question, but I had the exact same problem as you Tate, and you’ve got a failed ABS ring. I know it sounds daft, but because your car isn’t getting the same speed reading from all 4 wheels, it’s causing these problems. It’ll be one of the rear rings. £20 from eBay, £60 to fit. I had to do both of mine

For some reason I can’t see tatebarrys question, but I had the exact same problem as you Tate, and you’ve got a failed ABS ring. I know it sounds daft, but because your car isn’t getting the same speed reading from all 4 wheels, it’s causing these problems. It’ll be one of the rear rings. £20 from eBay, £60 to fit. I had to do both of mine

Thanks will check tomorrow.