My Chrysler 300C Crd

knobby

Hello All. Newbie with a bit of a story.I bought my 2007 Chrysler 300c CRD in April 2016. Just recently I put the car in to the garage as the starter motor kept sticking and I had it replaced while it was in I asked for a service as well and was told the brake fluid needed changed as well. I gasped when I was told the bill would be £577 the starter motor being £335 to be replaced. I was then told that the two front lower arms and one rear upper arm plus an engine mount and the rear brakes needed replaced at a cost of, wait for it, £1222 plus vat. I refused that work. The question I am asking is am I being done and how likely is it that the arms need replacing after all the car is only 11 years old and when I bought it I was told it had a very sedate life.

Hi there, 

Hmmm, my gut feeling is they are absolutely totally taking the piss with those prices!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The 300C guys will undoubtedly give advice on the suspension, but from reading on here they are quite likely possibly in need of replacement, but not at their prices!